trayne91

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
Just curious about elevated Sed Rates. Mine's been elevated, not in the 100s or anything, but elevated for almost 2 years now. I have Celiac Disease. I was recently diagnosed with Fibro, but where is the Sed Rate being high coming from? I understand fibro doesn't show a high Sed Rate on any tests. My GP diagnosed me after my Rheumy got the flu and I couldn't wait to get in because I was in so much pain. My GI told me to see a Rheumy because of my Sed Rate being high for so long.

I just wonder if this is some cause of my pain? Do I just have to live with it? Is there something to treat the inflammation? Do I have get another disease? Should I go back to the rheumy to figure out the inflammation even though the GP doesn't think I need to go back again and she can work out relief with me through her? She seemed to think I could just have inflammation anywhere in the body because of the all the ailments I am having. Am I missing something or it's just common and nothing to be concerned about?

The weird thing is my CRP was normal, which used to be high, but the Sed Rate actually got higher since my tests last year. I feel like crap and am just looking for answers other than masking the pain and not treating an underlying problem, if that's even a possibility. :confused:

I also have an elevated sed. rate with lots of strange symptoms. I am HLA-B27+. Can we e-mail each other privately to discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back