Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
MA
From the beginning I didn't have "classic" fibro symptoms, and when I was diagnosed I asked my rheumatologist if I should expect symptoms to get worse, she said anticipate that they will change. Originally I was having sharp shooting pains throughout my body, first an arm, then a leg, then my hand or chest, it always moves. Then I started having bee-sting sensations all over. Last month I started feeling like bugs are crawling on me, tickling me.

Last night, though ,I started with this new symptom that seems more classic of fibro, and feels like I'm hitting the debilitating part. Just when I was getting over the fear... thinking I had a very mild case and would maybe stay as such... it's back. Every inch of me feels bruised, tender to touch. My shirt brushing against my arm feels like someone pushing on a bruise. First it was just my upper arms, then my shoulders, chest and stomach joined in this tender-fest. When I bend down, my skin hurts as it wrinkles against itself.

THIS is more classic of fibro, right? When I heard descriptions of allodynia and "skin" hurting, I thought of the feeling of a superficial rash or abrasion... but I'm wondering if this is it? Its not pain ON the skin, superficial, its UNDER the skin, feels bruised. I cannot figure out if it's the muscles that are sore or "the skin".

Ahhhh the joys of fibro. When we say it's diffrent for everyone we mean it . But I get sore skin like really bad sun burn . I've heard a lot of ppl say they feel like u do .so yes it's fibro I'd put money on that.ive had this over 13 years and I'm still standing. Get some meds sorted out. I always find my condone and paracetamol really help with the sore skin but there from Dr not OTC .
Also for me the worse I feel the more I need to move its like I'm turning to stone some days ,keep your chin up love don't spend all your time worrying about tomorrow take one day at a time .xxxhugxxx

Thank you for your reply, it's comforting to know this is all part of the madness that is fibro. For the first 4 months the pains were so sporadic and random I didn't need meds. Today I'm feeling more "normal" but the last 2 days weren't fun. If anything I'd take a PRN (as needed) med, but even still I just don't like the idea of taking in chemicals. Hahaha I know I'll have to get over that, but I don't even take ibuprofen unless I'm doubled over. I try for natural first- heat packs, ice, shower/bath, light massage, stretch, etc.
After I posted that, my tongue started hurting. My TONGUE! hahahaha sometimes I just have to laugh at how absurd my body is. I'm learning to do that more often. At first I was freaked out by the pains, now I laugh knowing its just my body misinterpreting stuff. My nerves are dumb :) I find that cutely funny.
So far, when I have good days (more often than not at this point) I take advantage and keep busy, and I wonder when/if there will be a day that todays busy-ness will mean tomorrows suffering. I'll try to focus less energy worrying about what MAY be and focus on what is. Thank you for that advice :)

I give up years ago worrying about having to take pills,I can't cope without them.
While u feel good enjoy it it may last for years .�� laughing at yourself is wonderful ,this illness is bad enough without smiling about it now and again.
It can and does make u look a prat every now and then lol ��

Yes, I sure do get that bruised feeling--my skin is so tender to touch in certain areas.. There are areas I simply cannot stand to be touched, like on my hips, my butt, the backs of my upper arms and my back near my shoulder blades. I also have problems with clothing, the feeling of it rubbing against me. It sucks and there are so many cute clothes I cannot wear because of this. Wearing a bra is out of the question. Luckily, I am small enough to get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back