Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
Though I've been having increasing pain (and other symptoms) over the last couple of years, I was only diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week. My rheumatologist also thinks I have Sjorgren's syndrome or some other autoimmune condition (maybe lupus). I just had blood work done today.

On one hand, I'm pleased to have a diagnosis and a direction (and a treatment plan!). On the other hand, I'm frustrated and still trying to adjust to the things I can't do and changes I've had to make in my life to accommodate the pain, fatigue, and fibro fog.

There have been more than a few days of not knowing how I'm going to do this.

Hi VegAthLes, welcome

It really is a big adjustment. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I remember feeling like I didn't know or understand my body anymore. At the time I wrote that I felt like I was going through evil puberty.

Given a little time you will figure out the things that work for you. Fibromyalgia affects us all a little differently, but it helps to share information with each other.

When things seem overwhelming this is a good place to learn, share or even just vent :)

Hi, VegAthLes. I was diagnosed about 15 years or more ago, and guess what? I STILL don't have a handle on it! I'm not saying that to discourage you, but to point out that the journey for each of us is different, and your body changes monthly/yearly, and you'll have new things to deal with after you find ways to cope with the old things. I, myself, feel somewhat like a hypochondriac sometimes, because things happen to my body that I can't understand, or chart a path for. Now, I've got perimenopause, endometriosis, and fibro to deal with, and it all seems a bit much some days. Keep plugging away at your learning, keep being kind to yourself when it feels like no one understands, and keep searching for the kind of treatment plan that works for you. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back