Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
Utah
I have been on Naproxen 500 mg since late March and it has been working pretty well. My rheumatologist and primary care doc were in a pissing match over who would authorize a refill. They have given me 3 months, so I will have to start researching a new med. I have been in a fibromyalgia study and it has maybe helped a bit also, but that will end in less than 3 months.

Here are my issues with fibromyalgia meds from the information I have gleaned from other posts:
1) I already have constipation issues with my IBS, so can't exacerbate that issue as it is really bad already. (I actually think the Naproxen was helping this a bit.)
2) I am single and have to support myself. My job is very mentally and emotionally taxing. I have to stay sharp and already have some brain fog which concerns me as the most likely symptom right now that will disable me. Can't risk taking anything that increases the brain fog or makes my fatigue worse at work.
3) there was something else, but I can't remember what it is LOL (refer to #2)
4) sleep issues, maybe sleep apnea.

Any suggestions would be welcome! :-D

I'm in a similar situation - i need to keep working because I'm the main breadwinner for my family.

I've had good luck with flexeril (cyclobenzaprine). A lot of people say it makes them sleepy, but for whatever reason I don't have that side effect at all. I take it in the morning and evening (2 doses is definitely better than one dose).

At night I take trazodone to help me sleep. I like that it's out of my system by the time I wake up.

I used to use a CPAP. I loved it, I found it soothing. Definitely better than not sleeping.

Hope this helps - good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back