Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I spoke with my attorney yesterday and he said I should get a hearing in either June, July or August and then get the decision about a month later. This is very disappointing news as I was originally told I would most likely have my hearing in June. I worry and fret about this constantly and now the thought that it could be another 6 months before I get an answer is so depressing it makes me just want to quit fighting. I first applied in May of 2014 and was denied twice hence the hiring of the attorney. Anybody have any tips on how to not stress about this so much? Seriously it consumes most of my waking hours and I feel I will get denied which will send me into a total downward spiral. I mean to fight for that long and then get turned down is like a slap in the face. I am not looking for a handout. I paid into social security for the 43 years that I worked and I feel I deserve to win. Maybe I am just being greedy. The thing is I'm not going to get that much money but everything helps. My husband and I are both retired and live off of his pension. He will be eligible for regular social security in July and I will be eligible this time next year. Oh well, it is what it is. I guess I just need to suck it up and accept it.

Here's hoping its June still and that the result is quite quick. You are definitely not greedy and following your posts since i joined i know you deserve to succeed. Like you say every little helps. Fingers crossed.x

Hi hon! I totally know your frustration!! I found out yesterday that I was approved for disability! You're absolutely NOT being greedy! Just try to tell yourself worrying about it is not going to change it. Just take action when your lawyer asks you to then let go of it. Let your lawyer handle the rest. We both know stress is going to exacerbate the symptoms of fibro. I've heard that when you have a lawyer your chances of winning a hearing goes up substantially. On one site it said 80% of cases are approved with lawyers and another said 60%. I would think it's somewhere in between but I really don't know. But again, all u can do is get all the information to your lawyer and let them do what they do best!!! Pray about it (if that's something you believe in) I certainly did plenty of that!!

Keep us updated!!

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

I completely understand. I am getting desperate and I am in the reconsideration phase. I actually applied for a part time job at the guest service desk at the hospital. Not sure if I can do it, Not sure how I will be feeling. I did tell her I have fibro and she has hired me anyway......Best of luck to you.

Hi there Krista, you are not greedy at all... you did work very hard for very long and totally deserve to have a decent life. You are not being greedy at all, and I truly hope you are very lucky with this and get it all fixed soon. f someone deserves it... it's you. Best of luck with everything and keep us posted.

It is really difficult to deal with anxiety. It might help to remind yourself that you are going to be ok no matter what they decide. Try to remember this is just about money - no matter how it comes out you have a real need and have worked hard all your life. This decision can't take that away from you becauseit is the truth.

This is something that helps me: Think of a few things that you have in your life now that are good, write them down and carry them in your pocket. When you are really anxious take them out to remind yourself about the good things.

I have a feeling that I will be there soon so I am interested in this thread

This is something that helps me: Think of a few things that you have in your life now that are good, write them down and carry them in your pocket. When you are really anxious take them out to remind yourself about the good things.

That is a really nice tip :) It sounds similar t the one I read (to live a happier one) some weeks ago, it consists of writing down 3 things you feel grateful for every single day. I have yet to get into the habit for at least 21 days, but the first 5 days I did feel a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back