Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
My wife has Fibro, we knew something was off but she was just diagnosed about 4-months with Fibro.

My wife was constantly misplacing things, keys, cell phones, pills etc. I finally found a simple solution to lost items; an app that helps you track items.

She now has these small locators attached to her keys, pills etc. When she misplaces something she just has to use the app on her phone and it will activate the tile and it will make a distinctive sound.( as long as it is within bluetooth range) Just this morning we used it find her pill container. She was up part of the night and in the morning she couldn't find her pills. We quickly located that the noise was coming from the couch. We found her pill container wedged under one of the cushions on the couch. That would have taken us a long time to find the pills without the app and would have caused her extra stress.

That's great. I was looking in to that not that long ago my self. Sadly my doctor comment about Cognitive therapy training for me is to do the opposite. It's frustrating me to not being allow to use such very helpful device . I usually put everything I need in one place but Still my bf kept finding them in where it shouldn't be such as my key that ended up in the fridge :shock: or my tv remote in the bathroom or outside if the house ( not sure why would I put it there either) :confused:

I have the joy of misplacing my keys constantly,and since I also live alone,I always leave the house with two sets of keys on me.It has saved me several times.I am curious Brovane,what does your wife do if she misplaces her phone?

Sadly my doctor comment about Cognitive therapy training for me is to do the opposite. It's frustrating me to not being allow to use such very helpful device .

I would tell you to go ahead and do it but just not tell the doctor, they think they know everything. :p

I have the joy of misplacing my keys constantly,and since I also live alone,I always leave the house with two sets of keys on me.It has saved me several times.I am curious Brovane,what does your wife do if she misplaces her phone?

She uses my phone or one of our daughter's phones to find it. The tile app on the phone also acts as it's own "tile" just software based. So you can make the phone ring, even when it is set on vibrate. I have had my wife ask me more than once to ring her phone with the tile app so she can find it. Of course, this really wouldn't help you since you live alone. :(

We also use an app called Life360 that allows us to GPS track our phones. I originally loaded this App so we can track our two children. We did use it once to find my wife's phone. She asked me one afternoon to use "tile" app to find her phone. I was walking around the house ringing her phone and we couldn't hear the ring. I then looked on Life360 and I could see her phone was still at Island's restaurant, which is where we had lunch an hour earlier. Doh!!!! We quickly drove back to the restaurant and somebody had turned in her phone at the hostess station. :smile:

She also uses two more apps on her phone to help with "fibro fog".

The first one is Color Note, she puts as much stuff as possible into Color Note. So she can always have something to reference. For example, she has a list of her medications. She also keeps things as mundane as birthday present ideas etc., things to get at Target etc.

The second one is called Cozi-Calendar. We have a family account setup and we have it loaded on all of our phones. So all appointments go into the calendar, Holidays, people's birthdays, I even loaded my business trips into it. We would use this app even if my wife didn't have Fibro, but with the "Fibro Fog" the app is a lifesaver. When someone loads an appointment, it appears on all the calendars loaded on every device. So that way it is very helpful to keep in sync with Doctors appointments, Taekwondo practice, vet appointments etc. A family of four with 2 dogs can get very busy during the week. :lol:

Lol, that's nice to hear that from the other side of the fibro caregiver , there are many things I'm doing without telling my doctor also. And yes stress is very bad trigger for just about everything in my fibro life.

I'm mostly by my self 5 days a week so that would be tough since I often lost my phone , so bad I stop looking for any thing I lost now, cause only then I will find. Last time it ended up in the potted plant. I coun't find it even when I called it from the house phone. When my bf got here over weekend and rang my phone for me , he was very surprise when the tiny little small ring sound came from inside the new potted plant. Good thing I didn't water it too much to damage it. :confused:

But thank you , I also use the reminder app on my tablet cause it's too big to get lost and I kept it plug in at all time. Still I easily forget things in a matter of a few minutes after I took my eyes away the memories are gone. So I got rid of friends who were too mad about me missing their birthday instead . Apparently it help reducing stress quite effectively. :shock:

Last edited:
You seem to have everything under control even with a family of four,so in the future,you will be the first person I will think of for up to date apps that keep your appointments and life from unraveling due to my poor organizing skills.Just kidding,Is there one site you found those apps from?Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back