Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
XO
I know there are a many of us here that are either peri or in menopause right now. I know this topic has been brought up before, but thought I would restart it to see how everyone is coping, therapies used, how its effecting you, etc.

The year before coming down with fibro, I was getting my periods every 4 months; I'm just about due but realize that it may not come (ha, it will be a bittersweet moment : )

Sometimes I wonder if the fluctuating hormones are causing the headaches.

Before fibro, I was getting night sweats/hot flashes in months that I did not ovulate. Now I just get hot, no sweating!

I was consuming a fair amount of soy products (milk, tofu, edamame), and using a natural progesterone cream, breathing exercises. Think they helped, but you can never really be sure. Now I just eat soy products. Don't know why, but I'm abit afraid to use the progesterone cream.

So how is everyone else managing the transition?

I am still having periods in my mid 50's and not sure which of my health symptoms are stress and fibro or perimenopause. Nothing obvious has changed except my skin and hair are dry and shedding.

I do get hot and sweaty at night but tend to anyway when pain is bad which it is all the time for months.

I haven't sought any help really as adding HRT into the mix might have an adverse impact and my brain gets overloaded with all my symptoms without worrying if another medication is going to add another side affect that i wont know if its me or the medication.

I asked my doctor about the progesterone cream but she said it was for after the menopause and if i was having periods i didn't need it but i do have some women's problems i won't go into here...especially as i have just realized our posts can go onto anyone's facebook page.

I'm not in this stage of my life yet, but my mother is :) She is consuming a soy milk known as ''Ades'', she swears that alone has helped her to handle the hot flashes. Sadly she can't take any kind of hormonal therapy because she seems to show certain over sensitivity (in her breasts) to estrogen. Which is bad, because she has issues with her bones already... :/

@Willow - I'm getting the thinning hair too : ( On the bright side, the hair under my arms seems to have stopped growing, at least I hope it's related.
I may go back to a Hair/Skin/Nail vitamin with MSM, I always think that helps. Money was tight recently so couldn't put it on the shopping list.

@Trellum, I always get flank pain when I consume soy milk alone (I think it has oxalates that can crystallize in the kidneys, but not entirely sure), so I drink a glass of water after every serving. sorry to hear about her bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back