Not open for further replies.

crickett

Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
CA
State
ON
So I've gone through the roller coaster ride of being diagnosed, changing medications, trying to find what works, dealing with your employer, dealing with your insurance company, your family, being off work... and now what..
trying to adjust your life to the ups and downs of living with Fibro.
Sounds familiar? What do you do with your day? Trying to start the day with taking my dog for a walk but even that can be a challenge at times. Finding a purpose after working more than 25 years.
How do I reinvent myself now?

crickett,
Welcome to the forum. I would have to say that this is the hardest part of having fibro. When you have worked hard most of your life then fibro comes in and stops you from doing what you want and robs you of the ability to work. This very topic sent me to therapy. I had a hard time adjusting to life without work. Trying to survive on SSD is very hard. It is not nearly enough and the rewards of a job well done, are gone.

After I picked up the pieces of my life I started doing online surveys for rewards and cash. I also made homemade craft items and went to local craft shows trying to sell them. Lately I have been writing online at different blogs. Some pay well and some do not. The trick is to find a subject you know lots about then find a blog that is looking for writers.

Another thing you might consider is online work for companies that need folks to take orders or do medical billing work. Take time to read my blog entries on this site and be sure read Day 7, for some ideas on how to find simple work.

Reinventing ones self can be done without losing ones heart and soul to depression. If you can find a few little things that you enjoy doing and try to find ways to use those talents to make your life more meaningful you will do much better in the long run. Good Luck! :)

So I've gone through the roller coaster ride of being diagnosed, changing medications, trying to find what works, dealing with your employer, dealing with your insurance company, your family, being off work... and now what..
trying to adjust your life to the ups and downs of living with Fibro.
Sounds familiar? What do you do with your day? Trying to start the day with taking my dog for a walk but even that can be a challenge at times. Finding a purpose after working more than 25 years.
How do I reinvent myself now?

Well, you can try making some cash online :) That's what I do with my time, I'm a freelance writer because I can't get a physical job... at least not for now. Don't worry, the first months are really hard, and it can be even harder when you have been working for so long. I still don't feel like I've found my purpose, but I guess having a family would contribute a lot to that.

Try to take things easy :) Just go step by step, try to find a new hobby or a new activity that can replace your work. You can go to support groups as well, that helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back