Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Does anyone have problems with balance and/or dizziness? Sometimes the floor feels like it is moving under my feet. I generally feel off-balance after standing only a few minutes and my head feels swimmy, not like I'm going to faint, more like I need to lean against something for support, or go sit down.

Yes, I get this. It's usually worst for me in the mornings and evenings, and I feel like I need to hold on to something just to keep from falling. I haven't actually fallen from this, usually it's just the feeling that I might that bothers me. I do sometimes misjudge things - like knocking my shoulder into a doorway I'm trying to pass through.
I also have bad bouts of dizziness if I'm in a large area like a store or mall. I think some of that has to do with the anxiety and panic attacks I get in those types of places.

I've been having this a lot lately. I've always had horrible balance but the dizziness is new to me. Sometimes it gets so bad I feel nauseous.

I used to have incredible balance (used to do gymnastics), but now there are times I look like I just got off a fast merry-go-round. The worst is always right after I get up and out of bed. I usually crash into all the walls and doors before actually getting out of my bedroom. The rest of the day I'm usually OK unless I'm in a skyscraper (I can feel them sway) or if a truck rattles the ground--I seem to be extra sensitive to these slight movements. Oh, and riding an elevator even a floor or two makes me instantly motion sick and I look drunk when I get off and try to walk a straight line.

Hello,
I was suffering from one year ago, i had low blood pressure issue that time i was going faint many of the time.
But now i am completely OK...

Yes, I feel off-balance a lot. I have to hold on to things or my husband, especially on uneven surfaces or stepping over a curb. Very annoying!

Try getting some over the counter motion sickness pills they can help ward off the dizzyness and weird feelings for several hours, but do not use them if you take blood presure meds because they can mess up your blood pressure causing dips or rises that can cause problems. I use a different medication from my doctor to control the dizzy feeling (verdigo), which of course does not do anything for balance.

I am forever running into chairs or door frames as I walk in my house. I seem to weave back and forth at times for no good reason. And there is no cure, but using a cane and watching where I place my feet can help a bit. Sometimes I can lose my balance while standing and reaching. It is very unsettling to be stumbling and falling in front of family and guests. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back