What is your hobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my hobby is fishing it's something I've done for many years since I was a boy I don't get to go as much as I would like to I can't stay for long when I've the energy to go it's something I miss so much staying at the water side for the weekend

I like to collect miniatures for a miniature dollhouse. I put the dollhouse away years ago because I could not finish it. I hope to finish it one day.
I also love to cook, bake, and read mostly self help books and metaphysical books. I like to write and journal, and learn about the stockmarket. I also want to start scrapbooking an album for each of my grown up kids and brothers. I would like to learn to play the piano that I have. I love to swim and I go to the gym only because it's good for me, not because I love lifting weights.

I am retired and found acrylic painting and went crazy painting from 2003-2006, then lost all interest....no more room to hang my paintings, I gave some away, sold a few and now have thrown away all painting supplies. I did some collecting in my younger years and now getting rid of stuff....the circle of life..

My hobby is working to keep healthy and on my feet into my twilight years....and they are here....

I play bridge and LOVE IT, keeps the mind sharp. Thank goodness I have bridge in my life, as when retirement comes, people can be LOST.... J

Long walks on the beach, drinkin the ol' sodie pop, attending book of the month clubs and going to Pilates class with my grandma. You know. The ushe!

Well this is one great topic and enjoyed reading all the replies.

I love gardening but can only do it on my good days. I no longer am able to mow even with a self propelled mower. I try but after e few runs I am pooped. I only have a small lot so a rider will not work.

I LOVE boating but had to sell my boat. They take way to much work and even getting in and out I ended in the lake way to many times. I always took a buddy at the Marina, but the Marina said I was a liability and would not want anything to happen to me. I know the owners and totally understand. I even thought about a pontoon, but I live close to Lake Erie and way to rough. The times I did go in the lake after falling I have difficulty swimming due to FM.

I enjoy just doing little easy projects around the house as I also am able to do some consulting on landscaping.

My winters are Awful being stuck inside but decided to head to the Keys next winter. I wish I had more inside hobbies to help pass the time. I use to enjoy reading but not into reading anymore.

We are so lucky to have each other here to support us.

Let's all hang tight as we all face each day.
Ron

Tarantulas . Bakeing

It is a bit taboo for some people, but my hobbies consist of gathering fresh roadkill and taking it apart to create jewelry and other art pieces. Many people find this disturbing, while I find it pretty fascinating to say the least. It is much cheaper for me to work with animal bones I have extracted myself, rather than spending a lot of money for clean bones online.
I think working with animal bones that you collect is amazing. I've been wanting to do the same as we have a lot of poor animals with unfortunate ends around here and I really want to work with both the bones and try taxidermy but I don't really have a good spot to do it and I don't think my husband would appreciate me doing it in the house. I think when he's done (with the major stuff, because lets face it, one is never done) working on his ironhead, I'm going to try to take over his work space haha.

Otherwise my current hobbies are painting/drawing/sculpting when my hands aren't shaking too bad, gardening and landscaping even if I have to sit or take a lot of breaks. I would say cooking but I could anyways, I just enjoy it, and currently writing down the recipes which is difficult when you never measure anything just adjust by smell while you go... but I'm doing this for my friend as a wedding present and since I'm at it, two more for each of my girls.

The last few years I have been interested in cooking. We built a chicken coop 3 years ago - now we have a small flock of 6 hens. They turned out to be surprisingly affectionate and entertaining, and we enjoy them a lot. We have 2 dogs - one we raised from a puppy, the other came later; she is a rescued dog we adopted from a shelter. The rescued dog was afraid of everything when we first brought her home. Helping her to socialize has been a huge project, and a rewarding one :)

I also like to write, build kites, make jewelry and game. I used to play soccer. Now I swim with my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back