Do you always keep fibro and other health issues to yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, this mean old lady, if she sees me limping, she makes it a point to ask me "what's wrong it you" or she will say (this is my favorite), "what's wrong with you now?...." and she says it in the snottiest tone I've ever heard!

Oh Katie! When I read this, I thought of a perfect come-back but I am NOT suggesting you use it... actually please don't. hehe I'm just sharing the giggle I had when I read this. Conversation goes like this:

"What's wrong with you now?"
"Oh, just having to work with old snotty co-workers who have as much class and tact as a baboon... and how are YOU today?" :razz:

Strangers and other people that are not close friends or relatives should never find out. It makes you seem weak to the others.

Oh Katie! When I read this, I thought of a perfect come-back but I am NOT suggesting you use it... actually please don't. hehe I'm just sharing the giggle I had when I read this. Conversation goes like this:

"What's wrong with you now?"
"Oh, just having to work with old snotty co-workers who have as much class and tact as a baboon... and how are YOU today?" :razz:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Omg I would love to but she would report me in a heartbeat! This woman is notorious for reporting people for everything and anything! Lol she loves reporting people for talking too loud! I just want to scream in her face and say "HELLO LADY, WE WORK IN A HUGE CALLSITE WITH HUNDREDS OF OTHER EMPLOYEES AND ITS LOUD IN HERE! GET OVER IT!" lol

I would so love to blast her tho!
The reason I say the "What's wrong with you now?...." is my favorite, is because it like she forgot I have chronic pain issues, even though she asked me the week before and the week before that, and the week before that! Lol like I said she gets a rise out of embarrassing me and pointing out that I walk with a limp... She's just super insensitive and rude! I'm sure she would just love for me to freak out on her so she could report me lol.

I have told a few close friends, but I generally keep it to myself yes. I suppose this is really the first time I've discussed it so openly with others. I always assumed most sufferer also mostly kept it to themselves apart from maybe a few close friends.

I actually talk about it here only because I am anonymous. Otherwise, I'd avoid talking to stranger about it, even though they share my problems.

I don't think I've ever answered, "How are you?", with anything other than fine. The people who know me know when I'm not feeling well. They don't need to ask me how I am to know I'm not fine. They also know, if they were to ask me how I was, they'd be told, "I'm fine." People, like my mother, who want to know how I am feeling ask more of a direct question. Since she knows my tells, she will ask her questions based on that.

However, if someone wants to know about my health issues, I'm an open book. I have no qualms about telling my story. It's nothing personal to me and if I can help anyone cope better, I'm all for it.

I have told a stranger about my condition today and he didn't even know that a thing like this ever existed.

She's just super insensitive and rude! I'm sure she would just love for me to freak out on her so she could report me lol.

Well then you could always try reverse psychology (again, just daydreaming, I wouldn't actually *do* it!) and send the ol' bat flowers to her desk with a note that says, "I want you to know how much I appreciate your inquires about my health so often. Thank you for caring so much! It helps me through my days."

Ooops, now everyone on the forum will know how devious I can be! :oops:

I have told a stranger about my condition today and he didn't even know that a thing like this ever existed.

Your condition? Wasn't it your friend you mentioned has fibro? Sorry if I misread something... sometimes I confuse easily. In any case, how's your friend doing these days?

I actually talk about it here only because I am anonymous. Otherwise, I'd avoid talking to stranger about it, even though they share my problems.

Are you talking about fibro or any other condition? Because if I'm not mistaken I heard your friend is the one who suffer from fibro. If you don't mind me asking... what kind of chronic issue are you dealing with? Sorry if I seem nosy!

Your condition? Wasn't it your friend you mentioned has fibro? Sorry if I misread something... sometimes I confuse easily. In any case, how's your friend doing these days?

He's not fine. I do not have the condition. But I've said that it is my condition just to see how that person reacts. I was also sad that day because my friend was in pain, so it would have been the same thing for a stranger.

@Trellum, I have muscle spasms from time to time. It's not fibromyalgia, it is because of the lack of Calcium and Magnesium, which also make me feel very weak.

Well then you could always try reverse psychology (again, just daydreaming, I wouldn't actually *do* it!) and send the ol' bat flowers to her desk with a note that says, "I want you to know how much I appreciate your inquires about my health so often. Thank you for caring so much! It helps me through my days."

Ooops, now everyone on the forum will know how devious I can be! :oops:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I love it! I don't think I could pull it off though! Hahaha she actually made a few nasty comments last week because I wore a floor length maxi skirt to work, very pretty skirt, but again, she's like a hundred years old and I'm young, she didn't like that my curves were so visible....
I wish she would have said it to my face tho instead of my Co worker because I would have told her that I have Allodynia and jeans/ pants in general make my skin crawl on most days and that's why I like my soft comfortable maxi skirts! I really can't wait for her to retire! Lol

It is nice when there is a great support group like this, but I agree. I never bring it up. I never complain in front of others, or try not too. Sometimes an "I'm so tired today" will sleep out, but other than that, it makes me feel weird. I don't want people to pity me like that, or sometimes people act nice and then go behind your back and discredit fibro as 'made up'. Ugh!

I hear ya! LOL, sometimes I feel so weird because over here I can be completely honest and vent about how bad I've been feeling lately! It's great to have a place like this actually, where you can be yourself and say how you truly feel and talk about things you'd never talk about with friends or colleagues. After all we all need an outlet and this place is a very good one for that :) After all not everyone will understand!

I don't think I've ever answered, "How are you?", with anything other than fine. The people who know me know when I'm not feeling well. They don't need to ask me how I am to know I'm not fine. They also know, if they were to ask me how I was, they'd be told, "I'm fine." People, like my mother, who want to know how I am feeling ask more of a direct question. Since she knows my tells, she will ask her questions based on that.

However, if someone wants to know about my health issues, I'm an open book. I have no qualms about telling my story. It's nothing personal to me and if I can help anyone cope better, I'm all for it.

Me either. Today I actually had a conversation about my health issues (as well as hers) with the mom of my SO. She told me she doesn't think surgery is the answer for my problem. I'd agree with her, but my ''health issue'' is massive! I didn't quite enjoy that talk to be honest, but in general I'm an open book as well :) You have to pick very well who you talk with about this kind of things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back