Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
NY
Wondering if there are other gay fibro sufferers on here? Love to here how you cope with this illness in the gay community which trends to be physically fit, healthy and likes to travel which doesn't bode well for us couch potatoes.

I'm pretty sure there are. Gay people are still normal human beings.

I don't think Fibromyalgia would be worse on a Gay person. My sister is gay and she does just what I do. She isn't physically fit and she doesn't Travel anymore then I do. Most of times she is a coach potato.

I'm pretty sure there are. Gay people are still normal human beings.

I think... if I'm not mistaken, the poster was talking mostly about gay males with fibro. I'm guessing (based on his nickname) that he is one, so he is just new here and just wanted to see if there were someone in a similar situation, someone he could relate to. That's what he meant, nothing disrespectful at all.

How would anyone know. I mean, shell i ask how it affects us hetros since we basically
are out of shape, lazy and couch potatoes in general?

Wondering if there are other gay fibro sufferers on here? Love to here how you cope with this illness in the gay community which trends to be physically fit, healthy and likes to travel which doesn't bode well for us couch potatoes.
fibrodude84,

I'm gay, a male and yes I have fibro. It's a good thing my heel wearing days are behind me. Could ya just picture a 300lb drunk queen with fibro tettering and twattling around the club. So NOT pretty!

Oh and HELLO!

I am gay and have had fibro for about 5 years. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful partner who is very supportive and can even tell me what my pain level is from my breathing and my leg movement.

Last edited:
Gay, straight, cisgender, transgender -- I'm pretty sure fibro is still a problem for all who suffer from it.

fibrodude84,

I'm gay, a male and yes I have fibro. It's a good thing my heel wearing days are behind me. Could ya just picture a 300lb drunk queen with fibro tettering and twattling around the club. So NOT pretty!

Oh and HELLO!

Lol, you are so funny! Sorry to hear about your fibro tho, but glad to see you see it in a humoristic way, kudos to you!

How would anyone know. I mean, shell i ask how it affects us hetros since we basically
are out of shape, lazy and couch potatoes in general?

Again, I don't think he was disrespectful at all... maybe he worded his post wrong, but let's not eat him alive for that :) He just wanted to see if there were any other gay males here suffering from FM, someone he could relate and btw... there is a trend among gay men to be fit, many of the fittest men I know are gay :) That doesn't mean we heteros are all couch potatoes ;) Some gays are couch potatoes too, like there are some heteros who are super fit :)

I used to be fit, but fibro has turned me into a couch potato.

Part of my fibro struggle is inactivity due to pain and fatigue because a huge part of my former life was being physically fit and active.

Hey Everyone,

When I was 21 I was diagnosed as being bipolar with borderline personality diasorder and PTSD. 24 came around and I added I.B.S. Throw in dextroscoliosis. Then at 45 gastroparesis, then fibro and on top of that a as-of-yet-undiagnosed autoimmune disorder. I can deal with everything, my mental health issues, the I.B.S./gastro stuff, even the autoimmune, but it's the fatigue and lack of motivation from the fibro that gets to me.

I try and keep a positive mood (it's mandatory when you become a card carrying member of the Gay Citizen Union).

I have found that if I start my day with some physical activity like washing my wigs and promoting the "Gay Agenda" it helps, but when 2pm hits I start to wither like some southern sissy with the vapors.

I would like to know how you guys cope with the fatigue/motivation issues. Any tips or tricks?

Have a goodnight.

Trellum,

I'm glad someone thinks so...this is a tough crowd.

Last edited:
Ma(x)2 Thanks for making me laugh! I haven't done that in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back