Ten things people say to people with Fibromyalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs to each and every one of you. Just know that you are who you are, be happy with your life and make it what you will....Block out those that are negative, or at least try and take their comments with a grain of salt. Most truly do mean well and many who are family, I believe, deep down, are scared for us. Hang in there....

I agree,most people feel helpless i think, and thats why they say the things they do.. Its a way of them maybe trying to get some control of their own feelings of inadequacy of being unable to actually do anything for you,to take it all away from you ..plus i think when we are unwell people unfortunately feel burdoned and responsible...sometimes we dont need,least of all "expect" anyone to" do" anything....simple aknowledgement and belief in what you are experiencing, even if they dont understand it is often just wonderful enough.

Ten things ppl say to u when u have Fibro that really p u off.
1.you don't look ill.
2.if u lose some weight your feel better.
3.my mate has that and she work 40 hours a week in a gym.
4pull yourself together .
5 I won't catch it will I.
6.your just depressed.
7 ache and pains are apart of getting older.
8 there's ppl out there worse then you are
9 it's all in your head
10 it can't hurt that much.
I have heard most of these sadly .what about u.

I personally do not suffer of Fibromyalgia but I know people who really do and it is not as people think it is, it is something reallyserious, pain is nothing people should joke about, it is one of the most horrible things in the world, I do not suffer it but it is enough what I have felt looking at the people who really do, it is really bad that most people joke or say senseless stuff about this...

That's a good point, Maydaze. I think sometimes those of us with an illness reminds people how easy it would be to suddenly lose so much. Some people don't react well to that feeling. They blame the illness on our behavior to make themselves feel safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back