Ongoing problems with forum...can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkacola

Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi there....I have had nothing but problems since I joined this forum . First, for several days it would not allow me in to read anything or post, even though it would say "thanks for logging in". Now, although I can post, it will not allow me to read any responses to my posts. I can see that someone replied to my first post but the forum will not allow me to read it. This is pretty frustrating! I know none of you are responsible for this forum or how it operates, but my numerous requests to the forum administrator have been ignored, so I thought I would post something here to see if any of you can help. Maybe you know how to contact them to get assistance? Of course, if I cannot read any responses then I won't be able to read yours.......so I really don't know what to do. I am hoping maybe the administrator will read this and help me. If you know how to contact them, and actually get a response, please post it in a new post for me. I am sorry to ask for help, but I joined this forum because I need help and support, and what is happening is definitely not helping me. thanks.

Sometimes the forum loads an archived version of the thread into your browser.

When you can't see the replies to your post, try clicking on the refresh (or reload) button on your browser (it's usually just to the right of the URL).

Hopefully that will help!

Hopefully you will see my reply :)

I occasionally have the same problem with being able to see replies. It can take days for me to be able to see replies that are posted, but sometimes if you hit reply, it will show the replying messages that way. I'm sorry you're having troubles with it, and I know how frustrating it can be, but hopefully it will get better.

I really can not explain this problem other than to ask what browser are you using? Sometimes different browsers can display the website differently and things can go wacky on their own. I will pass this one to David and see if he can figure it out. Sorry your having problems. :)

sunkacola, thank you for taking the time to inform us about this. I had no idea this was occurring and wish I had logged in to read this post sooner. Sweed, thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it sounds like "aggressive caching", meaning this website is set to "cache" an old copy of pages for a long period of time...therefore when new messages are posted and you visit, you still see the old page with only your post and none of the new postings. This must be frustrating.

I'm going to look at finding and fixing this issue as soon as possible.

Regards, David

It's odd, I don't have this problem. I just saw my new posting pop above and I'm on a macbook running vanilla software.

I just contacted support for hosting and sure enough, an aggressive caching system was re-enabled (we had this issue before and had it disabled).

Please see if the issues continue. I did just have a strange issue myself with the page refreshing over and over automatically, but a quick tap of the refresh button on my browser fixed it... not sure if that's a new problem or just a problem with the disabling of the cache-system that just was disabled.

Please let me know if issues continue.

I myself had a few problems with signing out, where I could not sign out. I finally had to clear all history and cookies, off my computer before the forum site would allow me to be signed out. I don't know if this was related or not.

This might have something to do with the fact that I had to make the software automatically remember logins for everyone in order to ensure people couple be kept signed in.

Really, I think it's time to move to a newer forum software; it's just everyone is used to this one so I'm apprehensive about upgrading to something newer like Xenforo, Codoforum or Discourse

i hope we dont have big changes..i like familiarity and i think any problems have been ironed out at the moment....sorry if im a stick in the mud but my brain fog means i like things to stay familiar to be enjoyable and easy as possible to use without having to think too much.

Me too! I think most of us can relate to that. Familiar, friendly and easy is always nice. There's enough stress in life as it is :)

I hope things are working better. I haven't had any problem lately and it's nice to hear you haven't either.

All the best, David

I haven't had any problems for ages..probably about a year ago when i had to refresh the page to see my posts..lol but id rather do that than start with a whole new layout!

We have lots of good input on the site at the moment and it helps me pass my day when people are actively contributing a lot so thanks to you David and 1sweed for moderating and keeping it all running smoothly.

Hi Willow, yeah, it's been good lately and hopefully the ball keeps rolling as new members join and participate.

I'm hoping to get more content written for the site so we can have some current news articles or helpful articles about all things Fibromyalgia. I've tried writing articles myself but I'm admittedly not a very captivating writer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back