Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
I have had fibromyalgia with anxiety for 15 years, worked very hard and was back to work after 5 years but only stayed well for 5 years and got burning pain between shoulder blades at work and had to leave, I never got back to work. I had an MRI 1 1/2 yrs after that and immediate surgery fusing my neck at c3/c4. Guess if you have fibromyalgia and anxiety you should not have any spinal surgery - I had a lot of things go wrong too much to list from pharmacy overdose to being instantly dropped off drugs in hospital that should have been lowered slowly and so on. Now have severe panic attacks and depression for 1 year. So this is 7th year of excruciating pain. When I get the slightest bit stressed I burn and sweat. I am a mess even though most of the time I try to keep it together. I can't even discuss my situation without getting the burning. All I want is to be able to sit and visit with friends and family again with out being miserable. It is not just a choice - I was alone last fall for a weekend and burned so bad I felt scalded for months. I have not had a good day since. Lots of really weird sensations. My entire body either burns or freezes from head down back, bum and privates really bad, legs have for a couple of years and now my feet feel like the are in a burning flame.

Help

hello,

i have skin Lupus and that burning sounds like what im going through during a flare up.

if the burning feels like its on the inside of the skin it's nerves.

your nerve and anxiety meds should be helping with those.

you are very stressed and that is causing your pain.

please try some relaxation Technics to reduce your pain.

stay out of the floresent lighting and the sun. see if that helps you.

let us know how its going from here on please.

Thanks very much cmetryme, I am still having the same trouble, it seems to be an autonomic response. Was to my grand daughters school to see a project she was working on and all of a sudden my left leg burned like it was in a pail of burning acid. It seems once a part of my body has become affected it stays. I did much better before the anxiety got bad and I could go for massages, now they are too painful. Do you take any medication for your Lupas or do you do OK without.

I was OK until having the burning pain be all day every day and panic attacks just made it worse. Anxiety is now being around my friends as I can't hide it anymore or can I commit to doing things. I use to be able to get a massage and that helped. Would say it has just made me crazy with the burning and sensations in that time = before then I could go out once in a while and could watercolor paint. I got depressed when it got harder to enjoy my kids and grandkids Trying a new antidepressant but means going through hell changing over to see if it helps with anxiety, don't know if that will bring the pain down or not. Was on Cymbalta for 7 years but won't know for a few weeks off of it whether it helped or not. Today is day 1 off and onto Prozac 40 mg. Any suggestions are always a consideration. I am also on 50 mcg Fentanyl but that hasn't worked for a long time and on 1 -2 percocette a day which barely work. Was very careful to just take 1/2 of one only if I had to to be sane so I wouldn't get use to them but am finding now I need a whole one and does very little. Driving a wedge between my husband and I of 40 years.

Thanks very much cmetryme, I am still having the same trouble, it seems to be an autonomic response. Was to my grand daughters school to see a project she was working on and all of a sudden my left leg burned like it was in a pail of burning acid. It seems once a part of my body has become affected it stays. I did much better before the anxiety got bad and I could go for massages, now they are too painful. Do you take any medication for your Lupas or do you do OK without.

Karen, as i said above stay away from the florescent lighting. when you went to the school
you put yourself right in the danger zone with the high intensity florescent lites all throughout the school. you need to cover up with UV protection clothes and sunblock. even under your clothes. a tee shirt for example only blocks 3% UV.

the Lupus meds there are only two. im allergic to both. no i dont get along to well without them. if you can take them get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back