Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Does anyone have legs that just ache all the time? This just started a few weeks ago, but they always feel like I just ran a marathon. Achy, sore, weak in my thighs and calves. It kind of came out of no where. I am curious if other experience this?

Hi
Im new here and am getting used to the Fibro being something that seems to morph on me constantly what hurts in the morning isnt always what hurting most in the afternoon.
The legs huge issue with me, they were not the biggest till this past year and the up and down my legs issue is most depressing for me... without good legs it closes up the world on me. I continue to do stuff to the point they shut me down completely.. but ya they do hurt almost constantly and one leg worse than the other often both at same time sometimes it all changes.
BTW the legs came out of no where for me too just when I was getting a grip on the other areas of pain, I am coming to the conclusion that I need to acknowledge and accept the pain that I have rather than hope the new area will go away.. fighting the acceptance makes me emotonally weary and causes a deep depression in me. It doesn't mean I don't fight how much I allow it to limit me just the perspective on how I see it.

Hi
Im new here and am getting used to the Fibro being something that seems to morph on me constantly what hurts in the morning isnt always what hurting most in the afternoon.
The legs huge issue with me, they were not the biggest till this past year and the up and down my legs issue is most depressing for me... without good legs it closes up the world on me. I continue to do stuff to the point they shut me down completely.. but ya they do hurt almost constantly and one leg worse than the other often both at same time sometimes it all changes.
BTW the legs came out of no where for me too just when I was getting a grip on the other areas of pain, I am coming to the conclusion that I need to acknowledge and accept the pain that I have rather than hope the new area will go away.. fighting the acceptance makes me emotonally weary and causes a deep depression in me. It doesn't mean I don't fight how much I allow it to limit me just the perspective on how I see it.

Thank you so much for responding. As much as I feel for your frustration and pain, it is comforting to know there are others out there like me. My legs have been so bothersome, and it DID come out of the blue! And one hurts more than the other, just like you. I hope you are able to find some relief!

Hello hanging in there,

I also have a lot of pain in my legs. All the way up and down from my ankles to my hips. The pain generally starts out bad in the mornings, gets a little better mid day and then worse again in the evenings. The pain makes it very hard to sleep sometimes (of course). The bad thing is that it's always there on me..the good thing is that it's not always horrible.

Kelvin

Hi

Thank you for responding. It's just nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. My pain has gotten progressively worse over the past few weeks and I'm having a hard time coping. My left leg is so bad that by evening I am often limping. But the pain is everywhere. I can't even press on my skin without it hurting. I can't lean my arms on anything or they hurt. I've had a lot of tests done, including ones by a neurologist and she said "I can't find anything wrong with you." I am trying to find ways to help my muscles relax, such as hot epsom salt baths, which do help me relax when i go to bed. But it's very hard to get up each day and keep up with my kids. Father's Day was difficult today because I was trying so hard to make it nice for my husband but now I am wracked with pain because of it...

I hear your pain for sure!
I have had both legs stripped three different times due to various veins and I have always been thin and tall, plus I am a guy which this type of surgery is typically done on woman. At first my leg pain I was thinking it was my old problem but a different type of leg pain. After trying different Meds and exams I thought I would never get relief. Like you, if the legs don't work then we're in trouble. She prescribed something call Pennsaid it's a cream I use twice a day on both legs. Insurance first fought me on the script but finally got it filled. I will warn you like all the other Meds we all take the risks care the hell out of you. I have found it to greatly help my legs. I also take Amitripline 150 mg at bedtime for restless leg syndrome.

Don't give up, keep asking your doctor for help. We are weird machines and everyone is so different on what works best for each of us.

P.S. I live where there is a community pool and get 20-45 minutes of leg exercises that really helps to build those muscle to help with pain. During the winter I soak in Epsom Salts baths.
Ron

Yes, constantly knife cutting, shocking, aching, tingling, pins and needles, fatigue, cramps, etc. However, last month the people at physical therapy did a massage on my legs and rubbed on the trigger points. Told me I was supposed to have them here, here, here but I have them everywhere and if they were money, my legs were a gold mine. It hurt because when they touch them it kills me, but afterwards, so pain. It's been gone for a whole month and hasn't come back yet.

I cried because I forgot what that felt like... to have no pain in my legs...

All the time! It is awful. My hips are really bad as well, it seems to be getting worse too.

You can try some simple leg exercises with the guidance of an expert physiotherapist to get rid of this leg pain. I too had severe leg pain and burning problem as an after effect of my fibro. I was not able to sleep properly due to this muscle pain and had tried alternative therapies along with the medication. Doc also suggests me to do simple leg exercises like stretching and walking which really worked.

Link Not Allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back