A Non-Physical Solution to a Physical Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefullone

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
MA
Is anyone else of the belief that changing our thinking can change our bodies?

God, I wish it was that simple.

To some extent a positive outlook helps.

The only drug I take is ampitryptiline - a good night sleep is very important. I exercise regularly and carefully, lots of stretching. It really helps in the long run - it's not always easy but I figure I'm going to hurt anyway and if you don't use it you lose it !

I also know that getting angry about my situation or bummed out makes things hurt more, stress is literally painful.

Yoga/stretching all help - regular rest periods, good diet - positive thinking is just one more coping mechanism - though maybe the hardest one do!

My belief and also experience is that when we work through all the emotional turmoil that has piled up on us during our lifetimes, our bodies straighten out. This means having, primarily, a spiritual way to work through our problems (not religious), and with that spiritual component we working through our stuff and have a complete psychic change (change of thinking), which them puts us in a position of acceptance, forgiveness, compassion, and as an effortless RESULT of the aforementioned, our health straightens out.

I know this works because I've done it once before,...it's just that more has piled up on me now so I have more to work through.

But at least I have the Solution.

The problem is, most people shut their ears to the mention of this because human pride wants us to stay sick. That's its job.

Plus, it's real work, and most would rather get up and "do" something to "help" themselves rather than sitting with the emotions of working through stuff. And that's sad, because it's so beautiful to have a spiritual awakening of this type and truly get well.

While I am a strong believer of the after live. And Attended spiritual church. And I used to clean my shakkra .it never stopped me getting ill.
Yes I believe u can have bad energy attached to you.yes I believe u can have evil attached to you.
But I wouldn't say even the purest soul will not get sick with any illness.
Many many ppl who are in the faith still get sick. And I believe that illness is a tape of journey for many. So I'd have to say it's fantastic you are feeling so great.but don't try to convert ppl because some here are very poorly and it can get the old hackles up.x

I have a positive outlook and do not have stress in my life and still have constant fibro pain, but a friend of mine and few family members think that fibro pain can be talked away. Seeing a therapist will get rid of our pain, uhm no not for me. Yeah I have a lot that I have had to deal with and have dealt with but that is not going to make this pain go away, I wish it were that simple.

Right I agree, if that were the case kids would not get cancer or other fatal diseases since they have never done anything wrong to bring that upon them.

One of the challenges of fibromyalgia is overcoming the perception that if you only did this or that or hadn't done this or that you'd be cured. I struggle with this. Should I try more diet changes, add more supplements, do different meditation practice, change my exercise routine, add more meds...the list goes on. I am happy that some folks discover a way to health, but that doesn't mean it will work for me. I think about the research that links fibromyalgia to changes in the brain and wonder if this is why it manifests so differently in people. After all, our brains and experiences are personal and unique in many ways. The advances in brain research are exciting. Perhaps someday we will be able to stop tossing stuff at the symptoms and discover a better solution. Until then, I'll keep doing everything I can to improve my general health and wellbeing in ways that I can afford. Wishing everyone a good day. Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back