Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2001
Country
US
State
ME
Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia back in 2001 after trying to figure out the horrible pain I was living with. I work as a veterinary technician, and am approaching the age of 60- I am in excruciating pain everyday, every minute of the day. I have tried all of the medications out there, the only one that helps at all is Gabapentin, however I am at the highest dose you can take and it barely takes the edge off. CBD oil is helpful, but it just takes the edge off as well. I have a medical marijuana card and marijuana does help tremendously, but obviously cannot smoke or vape at work. I dread going to work now knowing that I am going to be miserable all day. I also have a disease called lymphocytic colitis, which is watery diarrhea up to 20+ times per day, no matter what I eat or drink. I have usually managed to remain positive no matter what but lately the pain is so bad I am always depressed. I see my NP tomorrow and intend to talk to her but usually end up leaving frustrated because I have tried all treatments. Anyone have ANY suggestions for pain relief at work?? My job is physically and mentally grueling, so any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Love and light to all.

Sandra

I was taking oral gabapentin for a few years, but it stopped working well for me, too. I had been having terrible burning pain in the tops of my feet; like being stabbed with hot knives. I lucked out at a podiatrist appointment. I actually saw the PA that day, and she suggested a topical prescription compound that works fantastically. It contains gabapentin, baclofen, cyclobenzaprine, diclofenac,and lidocaine. It's fairly expensive, though.

have you tried kratom? its also constipating maybe it will help with your diareah too

Oh thats tough! I am so sorry love �� For me personally the only thing I have found to help me with widespread pain, my guy and mobility is yoga. Might not seem like it would work to do more physical movements but for me its been a huge relief. Also Essential Oils can help relax you and for me help a lot with my flares. As far as medications I don’t have a suggestion for you but I hope that everything works out!

They have excellent topical CBD creams in Canada that relieve the pain if it's not too widespread. I'm sure they must be available in the U.S. with a medical card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back