Not open for further replies.

sassy13

Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
Tennessee
I have been reading as much information as I can about fibro/cfs. Has anyone tried a paleo diet? It seems very hard to do. Is it worth it? Any success? :?:

My wife and I eat paleo about 80% of the time its not that hard, it works well for weight loss but I haven't noticed any improvements in my pain when I am more strict on my choices. We ate this way before I started feeling bad, and I felt amazing then.

I remember hearing a little about this, but haven't studied it in depth. Is this where you basically eat things as they come straight from the ground? A minimal cooking type of thing?

If I remember correctly, the main thing this offers is incredibly high fiber intake.

I do know that fiber intake moderates blood sugar levels as well as improves digestion, both of which could positively impact fibro pain I would imagine. I noticed losing weight much more successfully when I paid attention to how much fiber I consumed as well.

I haven't tried it, but as one poster said, it seems this diet doesn't have such a great effect on the pain levels. At least that's what most posters over here have said in the past! I've read plenty of threads from posters over here who claim they haven't really experienced any kind of change on this diet (pain-wise). But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm actually trying to do something similar by avoiding carbs.

The basic idea behind it is that you should just eat what humans would have ate 10,000 years ago. Such as meat, vegetables, seasonal fruit and little grains. You still eat carbs with fruit and veggies but not as much as you would with a standard American diet. I like it although it doesn't seem to ease any pain. My Doctor told me to loose some weight so perhaps if I can get back down to a normal weight eating this way some pain will go away but I will have to wait and see.

Ok I see. Well then there is a huge common sense component to this diet at least whether it eases pain or not. Our American diet is simply terrible. One thing is almost certain from following this diet too...you will likely not have any issues with diabetes. And yep, you will probably lose some weight as well which is never a bad thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back