Will SoCalifornia make my fibro feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddymac

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
US
State
WA
Hello Friends, I have terrible FM that abates greatly when I visit Hawaii or Southern California. I have read about the barometric pressure relationship, and I feel that i am one is very sensitive to the pressure changes. Western Washington is making things much worse, and we are considering Southern California. I would like to hear from any Fibro people in SoCal and tell me if weather there makes a difference in your pain and quality of life? Thank you.

Well, I grew up in Calgary, Alberta. Calgary has a very dry climate plus drastic pressure changes. I have no idea how true it is but there used to be talk about Calgary being the migraine capital of Canada. Calgary is about and hour and a half from the mountains and in the winter we'd get something called Chinooks. They are warm winds that hit Calgary and cause the drastic weather changes. It could be -10F one day and then be in the 40s the next. Needless to say, I hated it there.

My parents had an employee that was from Mazatlan, MX. He insisted that my parents visit his homeland. Eventually they gave in and visited one Christmas. They loved it so much they decided to become Mexican Snow Birds. Then my father got in a car accident that nearly killed him. After that, they decided to retire full time down there.

Fast forward a few years, I now spend the winters in Mazatlan. It helps me immensely. I would get so sore from the constant pressure changes. I function so much better when I'm here. I can't speak for you, in saying that you'd feel better in SoCal, because everyone is different. However, if you feel better when visiting I think you'd feel better overall. I'm stable when I am here. I can't say that when I am home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back