Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
GA
Well, my Doctor informed me about an hour ago that I would have to start getting injections in my upper back and shoulders in order to keep getting my pain meds. He believes that introducing this into my monthly regiment will greatly aid in my relief. As I have shared several times I feel like my pain is under control but, the doctor feels this will help in the lomg run to relieve pain more in the future with less pain medication. Well, if that is true then I welcome that but, I dont think a huge needle in my back multiple times twice a week does not seriously seem like it will help. But, I trust my doctor and, I would not be where I am without him. I hate needles so that is why I am frustrated.

Alexis, if I were you I'd ask the doc what he is planning to inject in your back and then google it online, just in case. My mom got several injections, she might get them every year and so far it seems she felts better. She is on the verge to get osteoporosis. She has arthritic issues, so she decided to go down that route, so far so good. She had some minor discomfort and the pain was awful (according ot her), but now she seems completely fine.

He believes that introducing this into my monthly regiment will greatly aid in my relief. As I have shared several times I feel like my pain is under control but, the doctor feels this will help in the lomg run to relieve pain more in the future with less pain medication.

Have you been able to find an alternative route, alexisfinch24? I'm not sure I'd be real happy about a doctor wanting to pump more meds into me if I feel that pain is under control. It doesn't sound right to me... have you told him it's under control and you'd rather not have more meds in you while it's being controlled with what you're taking now?

I understand the "long run" statement, but he has no way to know if it would have ever gotten worse or returned or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back