Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
md
I get a bright red itchy hot raised rash every time im near strep or I get a fever for a few years now. It spreads but starts at neck and around mouth, goes to chest and this time its on my back and head. recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, diagnosed with CFS for years.

All immune stuff checks fine but in recent years Ive been the only one in my family to get vitiligo and I also now have a stress eczema called dishydrotic eczema. I do not suffer any depression and my life can be stress free with symptoms. chronic spine and neck pain and headaches for weeks from neck. I have scoliosis, double whiplash 18 years ago left me with what has morphed from 2 to 6 herniated cspines, I also have sciatica, worse with any stress in life. thanks!

I get a bright red itchy hot raised rash every time im near strep or I get a fever for a few years now. It spreads but starts at neck and around mouth, goes to chest and this time its on my back and head. recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, diagnosed with CFS for years.

All immune stuff checks fine but in recent years Ive been the only one in my family to get vitiligo and I also now have a stress eczema called dishydrotic eczema. I do not suffer any depression and my life can be stress free with symptoms. chronic spine and neck pain and headaches for weeks from neck. I have scoliosis, double whiplash 18 years ago left me with what has morphed from 2 to 6 herniated cspines, I also have sciatica, worse with any stress in life. thanks!

Hi. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. :(

I know that my niece (an adult) has had strep several times in her life, and sometimes she gets a rash with sore throat and the redness and it's Scarlet Fever. Here's what I was able to find on the internet about it, and of course I could be wrong but your symptoms sound familiar to what my niece has sometimes.

What is Scarlet Fever?

Scarlet fever is an infection that sometimes occurs after a patient has had strep throat. It is caused by the same family of bacteria that causes strep throat (an infection that makes the throat red, swollen, and sore). Scarlet fever is also known as scarlatina.

Scarlet fever mainly affects children between 5 and 15 years of age, but affects adults as well. It causes a bright red rash on the body along with a sore throat and fever. The red rash is where the name “scarlet” fever comes from.

There's more on Wikipedia: Scarlet Fever

I hope this helps, and I hope you are feeling better soon.

P.S. Almost forgot to say that with my Fibromyalgia I often feel like I'm coming down with a sore throat, fever, virus, etc. But I haven't had the rash with it.

I was wondering what disease could cause such a set of awful symptoms, for some reason scarlet fever didn't hit me! Thanks, Tessie, I hope the OP gets to read this! Btw, I also feel like catching a cold often, I had no idea it could b caused by fibro as well.

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with FM and CFS in May of this year. Although I believe I have had at least the CFS since May 2012 when I was diagnosed with Mono. I wanted to reply to this as I have three different rashes now and I have had a sore throat, sores in my mouth and nose off and on since being diagnosed. (and had scarlet fever as a child) My face is a bright red, flakey, crusty rash on my nose and cheeks Dr states stress eczema. (nothing like the scarlet fever rash) I have red raised itchy bumps on my legs that after the bump goes away I am left with a white spot (no pigmentation) and arms have a rash that leaves dark spots. Dr states these are all normal with fibromyalgia even all three together. I am also losing a lot of hair to the point you can see it at my temples and broken hair throughout... I have not worked since May and have tried (to save some hair) not washing my hair daily and I no longer blow dry, curl or straighten my hair. Other than that, I do have terrible pain and I am not able to clean my house or do any normal activities without either extreme pain while attempting activity or terrible pain after. I sleep 12-16 hours a day with my medication and wake up still very tired and nap during the day. I found the best thing for me was swimming in a very warm pool (for my legs, as this caused more pain in my neck and shoulders) pool season is over so I try to force myself to walk a couple of blocks a day .. Not even able to do that on a lot of days and no where as helpful as the pool was. Sorry for going off topic this is the first post for me here :) I have a million questions about sleep and beds or mattress toppers but will go to general discussions and search. Thank you and I wish everyone peace , less pain and more laughter and no more tears :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back