Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
ok
Did anyone see this documentary Corn Kings?

Came on TV on a doc channel and I had always suspected corn syrup and the rise of fibromyalgia and other medical problems.

After watching how this strain of corn is in virtually everything we eat, drink and chew. Cosmetics ect it was unreal.

Was it N2 the corn strain but gluten had NOTHING on what all hfcs was in.

The wife has been a Dr Pepper person for years. Can skip most all meals but keeps the Dr Pepper flowing.

This went to fast food, what our beef and chickens eat, what and how its cheaper than sugar.

Anyone else see this or have the same thoughts?

Just curious?

I have often wondered if it is the GMO's and the extra additives in the foods that have caused this condition to develop. Like companies and maybe even government departments found a way to make money using us all in some grand experiment to see what might develop in people around the world. It like some things in baby formulas might have caused autism, or other additives caused extra growth hormones and etc.. Lets face it what could be causing this illness that affects people all over the world. It is hard to just say water and air, and food, as we are all different in what we eat and do.

I hope someday the reason is tracked down and some kind of cure is found.

By the way scared, welcome to the forum. This was a very thoughtful question that I hope others will comment on. :)

Hi scared and 1sweed...

I have a friend who is very physically fit and is into the whole GMO thing....Never really thought about it but now that the fibro is taking the fun out of my soon to be retirement years, I am all about trying to eat healthier....I agree with 1sweed...who knows what we are ingesting on a day to day basis that is affecting our systems in a negative way. What's so sad is to be able to afford to purchase organic or anything at Whole Foods, you have to win the lottery...LOL! when I was employed, I would have spent the money but now that I am living off savings, it's a different story. I do spend the money on vitamins and supplements.

For the last 3 weeks I have been on an eating plan that eliminates all added sugar in all forms, all grains (which corn is considered), legumes (except green beans), dairy, and alcohol. I've chosen to eliminate caffeine. It's shocking how much sugar is added to things, even organic products. I eat 3 meals a day, each meal consisting of a serving of protein and 2 cups of vegetables. I can have fruit and nuts (not peanuts because they are legumes). Since I've started, I sleep better, am less stiff, much less fatigued, and the pains I was experiencing are much diminished. My IBS is so much improved I can't believe it. I still have days when I'm reminded that I have fibromyalgia, especially at the end of the work week, but it's nothing like it was before.

In a week, I reintroduce these foods in a planned way so I can see their effect on my body. Given my diet before, I suspect sugar is a trigger for some of my fibromyalgia symptoms. I work with young people and have known many whose ADHD symptoms were affected by diet. Why not some of what we experience.

I have about 4 more months before I'm scheduled to see my doctor again. If this keeps up, I know he'll be glad to hear I took his advice. He recommended that I do a such reading as I could and explore non-prescription options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back