Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
MI
New to the forum, unfortunately not to MS & FM.

I'm searching for some advice on advancing my treatment for the fibromyalgia as I have run into dead ends!?

As a male, late 30s, I have reached point in treatment that is no longer aiding in my day to day. Having gone through many rounds of physiotherapy, aquatic, massage, chiropractors and a growing list of meds for sleep and daily function, I need a new path.

To all: who is the primary doctor treating your fibromyalgia, PCP, Neurologist, Rheumatologist, Pain Clinic?

At this point I don't really feel any one doctor is wanting to take on the head role of treatment? Others with similar experience and solution?

Thank you!

Rheumatologist's or GP, but I don't know if it's a Canadian thing, but the recent physicians seem to show a level of disinterest in helping or are trying to fly through appointments. My family doctor would always take time to listen, understand and thoughtfully think of solutions. Unfortunately he retired.

Recent experiences haven't been good. I had one doctor that had a one question per appointment rule. Doctors here bill the government per appointment so it was obvious what was important to that doctor and it wasn't helping people.

Exercise and medications are often suggested, recommended or prescribed. Not always the most helpful as what works for one doesn't seem to work for all.

Thanks David
My primary care has been amazing until recent. I feel she is running out of ideas on how to treat this monster. I see her today so a new plan will be put in place.
Question to all: Ice works well with pain for the neck and shoulders, has anyone used A COLD COMPRESS SIMILAR TO THE PIC I ATTACHED??
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 71XVzkoKotL._SY679_.jpg
    71XVzkoKotL._SY679_.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 32
Cold doesn't work very well for me. Not sure how others feel about cold and cold compresses for pain relief.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would have to say mostly my family doctor has been helpful in regards to symptom management, but not sure he believes in fibro. I always use warm compresses as cold makes me hurt more and kind of makes my pain worse with muscle cramps.

Hiya. Welcome to the forum. My rheumatologist diagnosed me. I still see my GP in between clinic visits too for changes in meds etc. I'm sort of managing with meds at the moment. It definitely helps to exercise regularly and just do what is in your comfort zone but at the moment I'm struggling to walk with knee pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back