Status
Not open for further replies.
For me persoally, the cymbalta, and lyrica, we're the culprits, dry mouth, almost exact symptoms you had. Enjoy the best part of your day, whenever that is.

It's Tuesday so I'm very late getting back to you Cheryl Ann. Yes, an xray is important in diagnosing a root infection. I had the same thing happen a few years ago and had a root canal, which saved my bicuspid. Did you have it pulled?

About the acyclovir...I agree! The pills are huge and like you I hate taking the pills I must take! I've started breaking large pills in two and taking them separately. Don't see any reason why that shouldn't be an option. I recently read a tip on taking pills and it has helped. For capsules, take a big swig of water after placing the cap near the tip of the tongue. Then swallow. For pills, place pills on the middle of the tongue, take a swig, then lean your head back as you swallow. Probably everyone in the world knew this but me. Anyway, the technique works. Caps are easy for me now, but pills still get stuck sometimes. Just not as often.

Please give us an update about the tooth! Gentle hugs.

Any news on the tooth Cheryl Ann?

Hi, I went to my dentist on Monday and he took his own x-ray. He said it looked to him like the bone was thinner there and that was probably what the oral surgeon saw.
I don't know why he didn't take the x-ray to begin with. He also said on Monday that what I had on the roof of my mouth looked like bruising but originally he said it was an ulcer. ? Not sure what to do at this point. Get a referral to another oral surgeon or take my dentist's word even though he told me contradictory information? :confused:

HOws the tooth Cheryl Ann?

According to my dentist and HIS x-ray, my tooth is fine.

I've had a bad experiance with my mouth too. Biteing my tounge at night leaves an impression on the sides of my tounge, right where my teeth meet my tounge. Weird right?

I bought 400mg Magnesium gel caps tonight. I read that people with Fibro should take at least that much.

Okay, my last post was random. :)
I could not find my original post about my tooth until now but I left posts about it on 2 different pages. Sorry for repeating yet again. The dentist took an x-ray and said the root looked fine. He said the bone was thinner there and that what was picked up by the or a l surgeon.
He also said that during that visit that there had been a bruise on the roof of my mouth . Yet, when I went to see him the first time he said it was an ulcer on the roof of my mouth. If he's giving me contradictory information then perhaps I should get a 2nd oral surgeon's opinion.

My jaw bone is fine and i have gum recession at the lower front as a result. If the tooth is fine on the xray maybe it would be wise leave well alone and review it at your next appointment with the dentist. What a useless oral surgeon to make such a poor diagnosis.

Willow,
I agree about the oral surgeon. I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't pay him for his misdiagnosis but insurance covers all but $40.

I had an oral surgeon consultation once about my gums receeding for no reason and the guy was so rude he made me cry.

He really attacked my choice not to take strong medication or go to rheumatologists and pain clinics for my fibro.

At the time I was taking a more holistic approach which gave me the confidence of knowing that the good days were my real body not one filled up with a load of pills and the endless possible side affects.

That approach gave me a certain level of peace in my mind and that made me sleep better and i learnt to pace and adapt my life.

He disagreed and made some awful comments about me not wanting to get better when nothing could have been further from the truth.

Every day was a roller coaster with varying pain and fatigue but i was dealing with it the way best I could for the person i am.

I got up and walked out and truly didnt feel i should pay the bill that was about £150.....but i did because the backlash of making a complaint and not paying wasn't worth the stress.

Doctors sometimes think they are gods but often they are harsh and have no compassion.

Hey, Cheryl Ann. I have acyclovir tabs which I've learned to break in two. Much easier to swallow. If you have caps, you might try putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of water, swish to wet it, then lean your head forward, then swallow. Yeah, seems counterintuitive, but it makes caps easier to swallow.
What happened with the tooth?

Hey, Cheryl Ann. I have acyclovir tabs which I've learned to break in two. Much easier to swallow. If you have caps, you might try putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of water, swish to wet it, then lean your head forward, then swallow. Yeah, seems counterintuitive, but it makes caps easier to swallow.
What happened with the tooth?

The tooth is fine. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back