DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
uk
State
oxfordshire
Hi all,

In the last 6 years since I was diagnosed everything changed as I know that happens to all of us, now things have changed for me again.

I have always used my crutches when I go out walking as my bursitis in my knees and hips are always flaring up but now I am house bound with a frozen shoulder and as my doctor said it shreaded muscles and tendons in my arm i,m having to sleep sitting up as if sleeping isn't hard enough typing one handed is hard work, my parents who are amazing are having to help a lot more with my kids they are both in their 70,s so its not easy for them,

I have now decided I need a powered wheelchair to try and keep the slight independence I do have which is something I always wanted to avoid but I enjoy going out little times I can and don't want that to stop or I really will go crazy
Thanks for reading my moaning, I don't think anyone would care.

Hugs to everyone.

Hi Anna42,
Of course I care. There is nothing worse that to loose what little independence you have. I too have parents in their 70's who help with my teenage son when I need it. I think the powered wheelchair is a great idea. Sun on my face or just being outdoors always cheers me up. Big hug, take care let us know how the power wheelchair worked out?

I didn't mean anyone on here wouldn't care, I meant to say people who know me, who don't understand fibro wouldn't like other family members and some of my so called friends, I am really sorry if I offended anyone on this site I certainly didn't mean to.

I know how it feels to have no one around you understand your pain. Whenever I tell anyone I am tired, everyone else in the family says the same back 'yeah, I am so tired as well', but then they go out for a run, go out meet their friends, drive a car for an hour etc. Tired??? Really?

Anyways, anything to help you be more independent and pain-free is great. I also believe getting out of the house, being out, especially in nature, in some sunshine (or not!) is the best we can do for ourselves. I know it is hard, but you will get used to everything very soon.

I also feel your pain because I too have a frozen shoulder. And exactly on the side of where I have bursitis and tendinitis on my back muscles. Mine happened after a dislocation in 2014. So yes, now 3 years on, my shoulder is still not fully 'healthy'. I went to painful physical therapy session for months - that proved to be a waste of money and pain! I was so angry at the physical therapists (who were forcing me to do all these moves to 'open up' my shoulder) that out of protest I did nothing for a year - no movements, no exercises that doctors tell you to do etc. And yes, on its own within the next year, I noticed how I could reach out more and more. It just needs its time I suppose.

And as if being limited in your arm movements is not bad enough, then there is this constant nagging pain. It gets better over time, but it is really hard to handle especially at night time. Sleeping becomes an even bigger challenge. I used extra muscle relaxants (incl. ones injected into my butt) and heat pads before going to bed, that would help.

I wish you lots of strength!

Hi Anna42. Just do what feels right for you, never mind what anyone else thinks, family always think they know best but more often than not they don't!

The most important thing is that you can still manage to lead as much of a life as fibro allows & if that means getting around in a wheelchair so be it ��

Hi Anna,

Hope your knees and legs are easing up on pain.
I understand the knee pain because my knees have been flaring because of my feet.
Just a different gait will effect every part of our bodies.

Having your arm and shoulder out of commission also is very hard.that happened to my wrist for 3 months,and it was so frustrating not to be able to do anything.

I actually took my dog for a walk,about an hour ago because I needed sunlight and cheering up
Just going outside helps our moods.

Hope things improve

Sagey

HiAnna,
You didn't offend me. Just hope you are having some joy in life and letting you know that I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back