Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Anyone else on here have loud tinnitus..mine is so loud on top of fibro this screaming noise in my head drives me crazy.

Ive had it for years at first i thought i would go mad as its not your regular buzzing i think most people imagine tinnitus to be.

most of the time its like having my head stuck under a fire bell..you know the type that goes off in a building when there is a fire and other times its like a revving jet engine at the same time.

Joys of fibro!

Hi, yep, me too. I've had it for probably 20 years but I'm able to tune out to it now. Don't ask me how.....I just one day decided not to listen to it anymore. If you let it get to you it will drive you nuts. Maybe not as bad as yours but I find it's so much worse when my blood pressure is up....actually that's how I know to check bp. Other times stress makes it louder.
Hope you can deal with it soon.

I've had tinnitus in my left ear for years (that ear drum burst when I was younger, so probably some minor damage causing it), but usually it's pretty low-level so I can tune it out. I have noticed it's gotten a bit worse on medication, sometimes when stressed. It seems not to have affected my hearing (I can tell when I've listened to something too loud. It's a different kind of sound). It's annoying but the least of my worries.

If it sounds really loud, to the point that it's disrupting your hearing you should mention it to your doctor. You want to make sure it's nothing more serious, if it's caused by the fibro or something else, and if there's anything you can do to help it.

Mine also gets louder than ever with stress too..when it is a little less i can also tune it out..like you say make a decision and eventually it becomes your normal.

I agree in the scheme of fibro pain its minor...right now i have had a migraine and jaw pain for 6 weeks and need silence and dark room...lol but no silence to be found!

Thanks for your replies.

Oh good heavens!! Now my tinnitus might be connected to my fibro? Sheesh!!
Like Peaceandquiet, I can tune it out, and/or think of it as "my little friend"...I know, stupid, right? :/ But sometimes it's so loud I can swear others should be able to hear it...hahaha...yes, nothing to laugh about but it's just there and I live with it.
I wish you better tinnutus-free days ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back