Status
Not open for further replies.
Acupuncture is the best alternative if one does not want to go through the medication treatment. It is used to help relieve headaches, back pain and migraines. These are problems that many people suffer from on a regular basis and having a technique such as acupuncture to help reduce the pain and discomfort that these symptoms cause can be a great relief. My sister has recently completed her acupuncture treatment from Myung Mun and she is feeling very relaxed. She told that she can feel the difference after the treatment and there are many different benefits of acupuncture that can greatly help to improve your health. Hope you get the rid of this pain soon!

I was prescribed numerous medications (lyrica, savella, and a bunch more). They all had major side effects and did little to help except to make me sleep all the time. I was also on meds for IBS, Depression, Anxiety, Thyroid. One day I couldn't take any more and stopped it all. Stayed in bed all day and night. The next morning I felt like a new person. Still had fibro pain, etc, but no more constant diarrhea, etc. Over the years I've come up with the combinations that work best for me. The best thing I was able to do is retire. Not having to get up on bad days helps so much. I know this is not an option for everyone.
1. Massage - must find a therapist that is licensed in therapeutic massage for it to work. It is expensive and is not covered by most insurance. I can't afford it anymore since I'm retired.
2. Xanax - low dose at night to help sleep and combat anxiety
3. Citalopram - low dose for depression
4. Diet change - organic, no processed food. I found that I have sensitivity to preservatives, pesticides, and artificial sweeteners and additives which increase my fibro symptoms. Semi gluten free but what I found in my research is that I'm actually sensitive to the pesticides used on the grain, not the actual gluten.
5. CBD OIL -THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST HELP I'VE FOUND. A friend's son gave me some to try and I wasn't sure it would help. But one day I was having another bad fibro day. Thought I'd be in bed all day. So I tried it and 30 minutes later my body no longer wanted to be in bed. I was able to get up and go about my day. Even getting things done around the house. I know it worked because I ran out and now I'm back to the old fibro crap. Just waiting on my Ebay shipment now to get back to living. It's legal in all 50 states and can be purchased at Vape shops. Make sure you do your research as there are many fakes out there. This is not medical marijuana - it's hemp oil.

Aside from the meds that the doctor has me one i go to a chiropractor to relieve some my back pain and it also helps my knee pain a little. That does wonders for me for a day or 2 which is all i can ask for at the moment. Any relief even if it's only for a few hours it's better than what I've been experiencing at this point.

I also try to get in a ten minute walk, but more than that at thr moment is 2 painful, but my doctor says it is important to keep moving.

I have tried marijuana, but it doesn't help me personally with the pain.

Sometimes this natural organic muscle cream that i found on shopsalus.com will help the neck and shoulder pain for a while, but it need a thick application in order to work.

I was prescribed numerous medications (lyrica, savella, and a bunch more). They all had major side effects and did little to help except to make me sleep all the time. I was also on meds for IBS, Depression, Anxiety, Thyroid. One day I couldn't take any more and stopped it all. Stayed in bed all day and night. The next morning I felt like a new person. Still had fibro pain, etc, but no more constant diarrhea, etc. Over the years I've come up with the combinations that work best for me. The best thing I was able to do is retire. Not having to get up on bad days helps so much. I know this is not an option for everyone.
1. Massage - must find a therapist that is licensed in therapeutic massage for it to work. It is expensive and is not covered by most insurance. I can't afford it anymore since I'm retired.
2. Xanax - low dose at night to help sleep and combat anxiety
3. Citalopram - low dose for depression
4. Diet change - organic, no processed food. I found that I have sensitivity to preservatives, pesticides, and artificial sweeteners and additives which increase my fibro symptoms. Semi gluten free but what I found in my research is that I'm actually sensitive to the pesticides used on the grain, not the actual gluten.
5. CBD OIL -THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST HELP I'VE FOUND. A friend's son gave me some to try and I wasn't sure it would help. But one day I was having another bad fibro day. Thought I'd be in bed all day. So I tried it and 30 minutes later my body no longer wanted to be in bed. I was able to get up and go about my day. Even getting things done around the house. I know it worked because I ran out and now I'm back to the old fibro crap. Just waiting on my Ebay shipment now to get back to living. It's legal in all 50 states and can be purchased at Vape shops. Make sure you do your research as there are many fakes out there. This is not medical marijuana - it's hemp oil.

UPDATE: The cbd oil I ordered did not help at all - in fact, it just made me jittery and tasted like straight coconut oil. I even adjusted the dosage to see if that was the problem. And this company had good reviews. Going back to the Diamond brand I used originally.

...........and what worked for you, and what did not?

I am not a big fan of the AMA and their approach to things, although I do take tramadol every day and would not be able to function, I think, without it. The doctor I see at a pain clinic wants me to take something else, but everything tried so far makes me feel sick except tramadol, with which I have no side effects at all.

I am interested in alternative treatments, natural remedies, etc. I would love to give medical marijuana a try, and the doctor even says that he believes that it is often very beneficial for Fibro patients. But if I do that, even though he said it wouldn't be a bad idea, then he will no longer prescribe the tramadol for me. So if it did not work, I would be in trouble. He said it would take weeks for the MMJ to leave my system enough for him to be able to let me have tramadol again. So I don't know if I want to take the chance.

I am interested in knowing what has worked for people, so that I can give some things a try.

Hi, I currently only use MMJ as medical treatment along with diet, monitoring my physical activity, and behavioral counseling. I was taking all the other medications they perscribe starting out (gabapentin, savella, lyrica) I also tried magnesium supplements and fish oil. Unfortunately I'm also Bipolar so the antidepressants don't help. MMJ is the only thing that gives me even a glimpse of relief. My father also has FIbro and none of the standard treatments worked for him at all. He's been on opiates since I was a child and I did not want to go that route. Recently I have been helping him learn more about MMJ and the benefits it has for our condition and he's noticing a huge difference and has even slightly decreased his opioids use. I would highly suggest trying MMJ with a high CBD content. Usually a hybrid strain. I find the types that usually work for physical pain for everyone else, don't work for me. I usually stick with the ones that affect the brain and give an uplifting mood. Leafly is a very helpful website to use because it breaks down all of the good and bad side affects of basically every strain in existence. I also do yoga, go for a gentle walk with my dog, make sure to eat plenty of greens and limit sugar, dairy and caffeine dramatically (this has been the most affective in relieving my pain) I try and follow the Paleo diet as much as I can. I'm not totally out of the woods but being diagnosed at 19 I had to do something to slow the progression and this has helped me so much. I hope you can find any of this helpful and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back