DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
Colorado
I need help guys!

My upper and middle back have been hurting me so bad for the past 3 days I'm starting to go crazy. Usually I deal with some moderate back pain daily but it's been so severe for the past 3 days.

I needed a friend to help me go grocery shopping. I vomited from the pain. It hurts to breathe.

All my normal back pain cures aren't working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Please help me!

first what kind of pains are you having?

pins and needles, electric shock, cramps, muscle knots tense pain, spinal pains, burning pains, etc ?

I'm having shoulder and upper back pain right now and it's the pain like I have woken up the wrong side of the bed . I use lidocaine patch and then I use my soft long scarf to loop behind my back and pull up and loop again around the back of my neck to pull my shoulder back then tight the knot behind my neck. The knot and the scraf help compressing the tender point and keep the pain patches activating, so i can moving with a little less screaming pain.

Some people find help with electro massags like tens machine. sadly I don't do to my annoying other skin pain problems.

I also find hot dead seasalt bath to help along with baking soda . But of course if it's bad you must try to fight it with stretching other parts too eventhough it's extremely excruciating . *sign*

It is tense pain with knots. My friend helped me rub some CBD lotion on my back and was shocked at the amount of knots in my back.

It's like my back pain subsides for a few hours and then comes roaring back to life.

I definitely need to try lidocaine patches.

Try using the soft long scarf technique , you can loop it many way to pull your shoulder back and keep it there . adjust the tightness however you see fit. It help me when nothing is helping especially when you moving around . My neck just cracking like a microwave popcorn . Many prople found heating pad , microwavable hot grain pillow , and ice pack help too. You can even attach them to the scarf on your back for mobility. ;)

Sometime I roll my self over the yoga rolling foam back and foward, or a tennis ball with my back against the wall. I used neck stretcher sometime. I'm planning to get an inverstion table soon just for the spine aliment . grrr it's so fusterating!

Depending exactly where the pain is and especially if you are unable to pass water correctly go straight to A&E or the ER room.

My friend has back pain and he mostly applied CBD oil on his back and feel some relief after some time.

Tipnatee N. I have never heard of the long scarf technique but am curious, could you please elaborate? I would love to try this myself, but not sure I understand how this works.

Knaull

I second the tennis balls. It sound like your trigger points are all knotted up. I won't lie, the tennis ball is painful when it's like that. Even if you have a slightly softer ball. You can do this laying down or as I like to do, when I am really sensitive is just place it between me and the wall and gently start rolling it around by moving my torso until I hit those tender spots, then I hand out there's for awhile on the ball and alternate between gently move it back and forth and holding the position until I feel some of the tension release. The first time I did this, I did it on the mat. It was super knotted and extremely painful and I found my body pressure to just be too much when it's tat sensitive. I find with the wall you can control the amount of pressure much easier.
Hope you find some relief!

Well the scarf technique, I guess I would call it a binding technique .

It's an old world technique to correcting different type of postures by using fabric belts or soft ropes, and by holding your body in place such as your shoulder blade up with soft rope like scarfs to lesser the impact of your movement. Thus for making it easier for body to recovering from the painful knots and joints without straining it on the process. While doing so also adding the chunky knots to constantly pressing down the spots to relieve pains such as the back of my neck while I'm moving my body around doing other things , it also moving with me and slowly and press massaging the spot like my very own personal massager therapy .

You might also have seen some towels massage technique online videos here an there posted my man doctors and chiropractors. It's the same idea but easier to customize like adding more knots to the scraf for pressure spot and easy mobility to help the blood flow while hands free. (fashionable sometime if you tight the bow behind :lol: )

You can simply just use any kind of long soft scarf fabric , looping them behind your back then pull both end to the front and upward . Your scarf should be tucking underneath both of your arm pits while the mid section is pressing up against your back. Then just simply loop both end of the scarf criss crossing left and right end behind your neck and pull the rest to back to the front. Your scraf is now a simple tool to pull both of your shoulders backward by simply pull the rest of the scraf which is now pressing up behind your neck , your back , and both of your shoulder . Wiggle your shoulder around while pulling the end scarf toward the front to adjust the tightness that you find acceptable then tight the rest of the scaf as a knot behind your neck. Sit back and rest for a while , your own weight should help you adjust the comfortability.

I don't know if I could paint the picture correctly for you but It's what I do to lesser the pains through out the day . Sometime move the scarf knot to press up against my bigest shoulder knots which kinda giving the same effect of the tenis ball on the wall when you move your body around while walking or stretching . Keep the scarf there for a few hours, them rest your shoulder and try again later if it help , you can keep adjusting the pressure to however it sooth your pain and relieve.

There are many way to use the long scarf. you can can even criss cross it behind your back and creating more knots to press on different spots whike still pulling on your shoulders . The back cross style I often use for keeping ice or hot pack on my back, or when your neck seize up you can pull them against your neck, then slowly pulling left to force your neck to slowly turn , then pull the right slowly , while you resting your neck weight up on it by looking up about 40-60 degree. A while back in my old place, I use to put up a few heavy duty hooks on the ceiling in my room and looping long piece of fabric for similar technique of the suspension yoga. It like a self helping pain relieve using your own body and gravity to do the tricks. ;)

Tipnatee. Thanks so much! I can't wait to dig out my scarf and try it!

Hi there, you need to try some massage oils or pain killers to get rid of back pain.

Another thought is to have your urine checked as bad back pain can be the sign of a kidney infection and even if your able to go, sometimes the pain is not severe enough in the bathroom to alert you to this problem. Also kidney stones can cause grief. So please see a doctor and never self-diagnosis as some disorders can be more serious then others.

If you have been checked then try bathing in warm water with epson salts and also light massage or getting a new mattress that provides support yet is soft enough to cushion your back.

Please let us know how your doing. We would love to see you back on the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back