Not open for further replies.

writings13

Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
IN
I am sixty years young, married with 2 children and a grandson that is ten whom my husband and I are raising. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2010, or I should say I am self diagnosed. When I went to my physician I told her what I thought I had, which was fibromyalgia but she would not listen. She told me that she needed to run tests and if nothing showed up then she guessed I had fibromyalgia. I am still learning about this awful disease and it seems like when I have it almost figured out something new happens. I didn't know about fibro flares until a few days ago when I started having a lot of pain in my right hand and wrist for no reason at all. I asked the members in a group I belong too and they are the ones that told me about the flares. I am glad to find a forum where I can get some of my questions answered.

Welcome to the forum. You will find that if it is fibro, you will never really know what is going to happen on a day-to-day symptom management attempt. Fibro is filled with normal painful times and often weird funny feeling times that are hard to explain and even harder to live with. If you read some of my posts you will discover that the symptoms can be scary as well as humorous at times. Some just do not make sense. And trying to tell them to a doctor can be a royal pain if that doctor does not believe in fibro.

Hopefully your doctor is open to the possibility of fibro and won't drag you along with too many expensive tests. There might be times the symptoms your experiencing are really scary and worrisome, but most times they come and go, within a week or so. I had gone to the ER many times thinking something terrible was wrong only to be told it was just inflamation. Be sure to keep a heating pad handy it can become your best friend when the flares are caused by inflamation in your chest.

There are lots of tips and ideas on dealing with symptoms and the best thing you can do is read through the questions and answers, or ask a few questions of your own. Glad you found this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back