Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
FL
I am no longer employed. Therefore, I have no insurance. What I do have is the Share of Cost through Public Assistance, and they keep raising it each month. So to this day, my share of cost is $1629. I have to meet that amount before anyone will see me. I say all this to say I am having aches and pains that I need to be seen for. I have two bad knees, a bad back, two bad shoulders, and medial epicondylitis in my left elbow which have been overlooked for so long it developed calcifications. Anyone else out there dealing with no insurance and share of cost? If so, how are you meeting your share of cost for the month?

Google Florida Health Care Plans, the portal for coverage through the Affordable Care Act. If you lost your health insurance within last 90 days you can qualify. There is a phone number on website you can call with questions.

I've never heard of this "Share of the Cost" issue. This is law in FL? I'm uninsured (though I signed up for insurance, my insurance company never actually took my money and insured me, but they sent me an insurance card that doesn't work, just now realizing that they dropped the ball.) I don't have to pay anything to anyone for health care.

I've never heard of this "Share of the Cost" issue. This is law in FL? I'm uninsured (though I signed up for insurance, my insurance company never actually took my money and insured me, but they sent me an insurance card that doesn't work, just now realizing that they dropped the ball.) I don't have to pay anything to anyone for health care.

No, it is actually in other states as well. I applied for medicaid and for food stamps. Share of Costs SUPPOSE to go off the amount of money your household brings in as well as the number of people living in your household. I say suppose because my share of cost keeps climbing month by month. So, my kids are 100 percent covered under medicaid, but my husband and I must accumulate a bill that equates to $1629 before medicaid will cover anything after that. I am blessed because there are other people's who have $5000 plus in their share of cost. The only way to really meet it is to go to the ER, but I can not put on like a lot of people do. So until I can lie and put on an act, I am without health care.

Google Florida Health Care Plans, the portal for coverage through the Affordable Care Act. If you lost your health insurance within last 90 days you can qualify. There is a phone number on website you can call with questions.

It's too late. I was given my notice from my job as of 2/10/2014. I honestly did not know what the devil the Obamacare did until it was too late. I thank you, though, for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back