DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
PA
Hi,
I'm a new member and so glad I found you. my therapist suggested I try to find a support group. Along with the constant pain...I've apparently been in a flair up since being diagnosed..I experience "hitting the wall" fatigue. The first step was to do a sleep study and they found my oxygen levels really drop and i don't even go into REM sleep. So i now sleep with a bi-pap machine every night. It really helped as I now wake up feeling I've had a rested sleep. but within the hour I need another nap. I can't read the paper, a book or watch TV without falling asleep. I will only drive an hour 's distance as I'm at risk of falling asleep if I go any further. So now my pulmonary dr has prescribed a stimulant (modafinil) which is common for apnea patients who are using the machine correctly but still experience fatigue. This med helps me struggle to stay awake on my good days but on my bad days it does nothing. I'm going to ask if if can be increased but hate living on meds like this. i also experience constant overwhelming flu like symptoms....weak, nausea, headache, body aches, just feeling very sick. My doctors just listen to my complaint but offer nothing.
Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms and fatigue?
Thanks

wow. I feel your pain. I recently asked my doctor for ritalin because I am desperate to want to feel like a normal human being. He told me he would get back with me. I feel like my future depends on his decision to give me a stimulant. I was on another drug which is initially used to treat parkinsons patients and increase dopamine. This is suppose to wake you up and make you more alert but it really didn't work for me so I stopped taking it. I have heard of the drug you mentioned but unless it is something like ritalin or concerta I doubt its going to help you snap out of the walking coma you feel like your in.

My main symptom is fatique. But I don't fall asleep like you. I am just like my battery needs loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back