PLS ? Just plain weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your arm bands and love the moniker. I thought I had a wonderful swimming stroke, my Hubby told me last night that i swim as weirdly as I walk! I was highly offended :) . I thought I could be the next Ian Thorpe, but clearly I was dreaming again! Ha ha

Remember the movie Swim Fan? You might be better off! I'd hate to think of some obsessed person stalking you because you're a great swimmer!

Hi Alyoop
Kitchener here, and I hear you big time, Just coming off an 8 km run which has destroyed my young office buddys (they're 30, I'm 40+ and they can't keep up with a 13 km/h pace). Feels good for now but what's next? Time will tell, but I would prefer to believe that I'm invincible until proven otherwise. I seriosly hope you can hold that candle as well. Good luck, Kichcener

Seriously? 8km? Isn't that like 16+ miles (I hate the metric system--it was invented by someone evil)

How can you all do so much? Aly with her 1km swim? I just don't get it. I can't do anything like that.

Shortness of breath aside--I think I'd collapse if I tried to walk around my lake where I live.

I went with my daughter last night to help her clean 3 buildings (It's part of our office managing job that pays our office rent) -- usually, she won't let me go--but I insisted. I cleaned 7 bathrooms and cleaned windows on 2 doors--and was exhausted. I was so sweaty in an a/c building that my hair--in my braid-was sopping wet. I mean--I cleaned a few toilets and a few sinks--it's a very easy job! She did all the sweeping and mopping.

She had to do the last doors--I couldn't lift my arms one more time to wipe. My legs were so bad they were shaking, then cramped up the minute I sat down in the car.

I just don't understand why you all can do so much and I can do so little :( Do I need to build up my tolerance somehow? Would swimming help me do so? (We have a pool here, too)

One of my favorite sayings is "I'm too young to feel this old"

Patty I would be exhausted after 7 bathrooms. I swim because it's more comfortable than walking. My arms left arm is very strong, my right are weaker but it still clears the water. I have great lungs so don't get at all puffed. I can't swim quickly, like I can't walk quickly, but get there in the end. Just plod. 6 months ago I could only swim 150 m so it's been hard work slowly building it up.

Miles are much longer than km's, so 8 km is less that 4 miles. Still amazing. I can run about 4 strides and catch my droopy toe. :)

Good thing I taught English instead of Math...sheesh. I was thinking a km was 2.7 miles. And I lived in Canada for a year---man, I'm old.

Well ladies 8 k is 4.8 miles. Just multiply by 6. I'm used to converting as I live less than 1 k from the US border. But the whole metric system can be frustrating for sure.
Laurel

Eitjher it B 7 atjhrooms or a couple of laps im tjhe pool i cuold no nithre. I dok't know how U can do it. Just in the last 2 weeks, muy lweft leg jhas contracted behimd my knee as the spasms jhjave moved up my lrg. Now I am unable 2 walk the 5 feet 2 my bathroon BC I cam't esxtend thje lleg. Now look I'm only 5 foot & I hace just now shrumk 6 inchjes BC of this. So now I aqsk U, am I still technicslluy 5 foot tall? This drs appt is goimg 2 B an imtrerstimg 1 tjhat's 4 sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back