Not open for further replies.

fibrogal

Diagnosis
07/2008
Country
US
State
Alabama
I've had such problems with pain in my feet all summer, causing me to feel very unsteady, especially when getting up from sitting and trying to walk or stepping on or off a curb, etc. I'm continually needing to hold on to hubby or anything nearby to steady me. I'm thinking I may be about ready to use a cane for support, but I guess vanity is holding me back.

Just wondering how many of you need that support due to feeling unsteady on your feet.

It wasn't the pain in my feet that I had an issue with, but my balance was pretty awful. I don't know if it was because of the illnesses, or the medications. I was on high amounts of Lyrica, which is highly sedative.

I'm really hoping that this will dissipate for you with time.

I am wondering if you have neuropathy in your legs or feet, as well? I have those damn pins and needles in my left leg and foot. Sometimes, I can't feel where I am putting my foot down. I take gabbapentin for this but after a coupla years, I see no difference.
I appreciate the use of a cane from time to time if there is much walking involved. When I walk outside, I use a baby stroller because I am too vain myself to use a walker already! I throw a baby blanket in there and pretend I am a nice grandma (which I am). It is very helpful even if no one believes I have a baby in there. Just a little help is all I need, something to lean on.

I have had unsteady legs and balance problems for the last year or so. It is getting worse and I do use a cane occasionally but it can only help so much. I don't know if this unsteadiness is from the fibro or back issues. Just had new MRI for lumbar spine and does not look good. Am trying to figure out if I should go to my ortho surgeon or a neurologist..

I know what you members with theigh pain are talking about. Both of mine are extremely painful the last 2 days. Have been standing on one leg at kitchen counter making cookies This has been going on for quite some time and from what you are saying this is another fibro problem? I can never figure which pains are fibro and which are from back issues.

Yes this happens to me too. It is not so much that I am in pain but rather I have tingling and such. It just seems that sometimes I am weak on my feet. This happens if I have to be on them for an extended period of time.

I use one quite a bit now.. It was just legs and balance now I have foot pain. So I went to walmart and got a pretty pink one with roses on it..

My balance has always been awful, sometimes I just juggle around... I know how awful it can be, plus I have no coordination! I might actually need a cance when I get older tho... as a woman I totally understand how you feel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back