Not open for further replies.

bbrown262656

Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone- I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago after 7 years of varying symptoms and a lot of "take this pill and call me in the morning" trial and error stuff-- I am hypothyroid so they thought that was the cause of my symptoms, and I also have arthritis and they thought that was the problem, I also suffer with depression and anxiety (both could have been from thyroid)- I have restless legs syndrome and just got medication to alleviate that-- I am finding new symptoms pop up without warning and I am really affected by weather changes and major stress at work. Now on short term disability I have just started taking a gentle aquafit class and am finding it really helps me move more easily and with less severe pain.

I went to a sleep clinic and found out I stop breathing 29 times per hour! & have gone on a CPAP machine at night to keep my airway open. (Taking some getting used to )

I am not looking forward to a return to work (my insurance company always wants you back at work ASAP), for fear the symptoms will be exacerbated by it! Anyone else finding work is getting harder and harder to stay on top of? How are people coping ?

Thanks for any feedback! :grin:

Hello and welcome. Glad you took the time to share how things are going and happy you joined up to learn more about management of fibro. I am sure you will gain many new coping skills by reading the old and new posts. Ask any question and feel free to answer others questions. Be sure to check out the off-topic sections and the blogs. See you around the forum and look forward to chatting with you. :)

I had to leave my last job as a phone rep for a credit card company because the anxiety was way too much (my mother had also recently passed away). My doctor put me on disability leave, but my company refused to pay for it cuz my doctor couldnt prove anything was wrong with me! I have a new job with a different bank now that is mostly off the phones. It is much more comfortable for me emotionally, however, there is more physical stress involved. Also, my pay dropped by 3.00 per hour and my medical insurance is 1500 deductible. So no trips to doctor anymore accept regular physicals and emergencies.
The pain in my back has gotten much worse, and the muscles around my neck, jaw, and ears get soooo tight. I use a lot of heating pad therapy. Can't count how many heating pads ive been through in the last 20 years. I have found some wonderful ones on amazon that go perfectly around neck and shoulders.
I also do a lot of stretching during the day at work and at home. I get up frequently and walk around, If the pain gets really bad, I will take ibuprofen or excedrin, but I try not to take much pain med cuz I hear they can cause other problems.

I would love to do the sleep clinic thing, but cant afford more bills. The only way I can sleep now is flat on my back with no pillow, just some blanket under my neck for support.

I have not told my new boss that I have fibro. I dont know if it is better to say something or keep it quiet. I hope you do okay going back to work. Whatever happens, stay in communication with people who understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back