Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
ok il say it if fibro hasn't put you in bed DONT DO IT. I've had this many years, and one things I've learned is ,if u go to bed you don't get up. I don't mean sleeping. It seems that many ppl with fibro are driven to there bed through pain and onces there can't seem to get up again for weeks at a time.trust me there's many many days I wanna curl up in a ball and stay in bed.
But I firmly believe it makes this worse.
You get more stiff for one thing. I no one day it may make me go to bed I might not have any say in it. But pls if u can keep going do. This bloody illness takes so much from us. Don't let it rob you of morexxxx

That is so true, this last week I made the mistake of letting the bed take over do to the flare ups I was having. I spent 3 straight days in bed and just couldn't do anything to get myself up.

If I don't spend one day a week (usually Saturday) in bed doing nothing, I suffer so horribly the whole next week that I almost can't make it through the workday. The times I've tried to push through and do something, however minor, instead of resting that day, I've had to pay so badly that I've learned never to do it again. My weekly bed day is an essential part of my survival of this disease.

Fibro affects each of us differently, and we need to listen to our bodies and what they are telling us.

Oh I agree I really do. But I guess I'm saying if u can do with out your bed for some it's better. I guess I should of pointed out that's not the case for everyone x

.bloody illness����my mom/mum and Dad are both from Scotland. And carried a strong dialect. They have both passed away, so reading your post in encouraged me. I'll try and get my wee bum out of bed.
Dr's put me on a new blood pressure and it's kicking my .butt!

Yep...and it's a double wammy when loved ones are heart hardened. Some times I get so depressed it's bad. I'
m such a burden. Sorry I sound like Debbie downer.
Just keeping it real.
M~F

Don't be so hard on yourself ,depression is a major player with fibro. I don't no anyone who has fibro and don't have depression.
It's a crap time of year when you have lost loved ones. I've been right down in the dumps first year without my grandma ,and another year without my brother.
This morning my hands really hurt,I could sleep for a week ,I've had so much to do to be ready for Xmas day,il be glad I. One way when it's over lol.

I have to rest in bed everyday because my pain gets to bad to even sit. anywhere around 1-3 in afternoon I have to go and lay down with heat on my neck/back.

because of gut issues I rarely if ever take anything for the pain. if I do its 200mg motrin or Tylenol. so bed and heat are my saving grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back