Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hi everyone! My name is Mark, my girlfriend is diagnosed with fibromyalgia and muscular dystrophy, we are both 20 years old and about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I've tried to find out and ask about fibro and tried to search online for answers but I've never felt that I've been given the proper information about how to take care of her when she's hurting or not feeling well. I always try and be patient and positive with her even when she has had mental breakdowns because of what it's doing to her, but I would like to know anything I can about this and how I can do better for her. I would appreciate any and all help with this, from books to other threads to other forums to articles to weird homemade remedies, please don't be shy, any help is a blessing to me. I love her with all my heart and she means the world to me. Thanks everyone!

Mark

Mark the best thing she could have is u, trust me so many many ppl here live with family and loved one who don't understand or simple don't care.
No as for help u have to work out ,does she hurt more the move she moves.
Does she seem better when she moves.
Does she have low vit D levels. As that will make u hurt even more.
VitB12 is another good vit to be on.
If she is stiff in the morning u could give her a gentle message .or run her a hot bath or shower. Same in the pm,make sure she has her meds on time. If they don't seem to work get her back to the Dr.
Sometimes it's the little things that help the most. Because u really do fight this with your brain.
Well done u for coming here, she's a very lucky girl to have support .

The greatest thing you can do is understand she doesn't want to feel this, act this way, or have to deal with this any more than you do! It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to understand what your loved one is going through, but it means a LOT that you're even putting this much effort into it, and she sees it.

On a side note, having fibro can REALLY affect your sex drive and make you feel insecure, uncomfortable, and unsexy. Just know that if your sex life is taking a toll it's never going to be you! It's the sickness! (Sorry for getting personal haha)

Forgetmenot thank you so much for your advice! The hot baths and showers are helping so much! The vitamin D seems to be helping a bit as well, meds are on time and it seems like there isn't more I can do about, again I can't thank you so much!

mark,

under general discussions you will find two of my posts.

"what is fibromyalgia" and "starting a daily log book and why it helps" read these. help her with the log book.
go with her to the doctors.

stress=pain

reduce stress by using the Tapping exercise. this helps me to reduce my pain levels.

try meditation too.

you can only help her by understanding what she is going through. you cant stop her pain and that is very hard to over come.
she is lucky to have you. tell her everyday that you love her. helps her to hear that.

do the things that forget said.

try to help her find what triggers her pain.

good things in the body, bad thing out of the body. cleansing the body helped me too.

try to take a trip to higher elevations as i found that works to reduce my pain levels. 4 of my doctors told me that it will help and it sure does.
even a few minutes of reduced pain is like heaven to her.

learn about what makes her feel better and what makes her stress out. remove her from those situations.

fibro fog is a big part of fibromyalgia. help her to remember what she needs to tell the doctors.

read the med guides that come with her meds. important! talk to the pharmacist about the meds.

the log book is very helpful, she will need your help in keeping that book going.

Put aluminum foil over the windows in her room. darker is more calming.

getting the healing sleep is so important. have her on a set schedule of sleep.

Music is calming too.

research what foods and drinks help her and hurt her. do the cooking.

i know how hard it is to research fibromyalgia. its even harder to understand the terms they use.
find out from folks with fibro what helps. not some doctor that does no research on their own.

help her find a doctor that believe in fibro.

have her come to this site and vent. that will help her reduce some pain and get understanding from folks that care.
it will also let her know she is not alone and she is not going crazy.

Fibromyalgia is real. dont let anyone tell you its not or used to group things together when the doctor has no idea what to do.

fibro is many things. the "what is fibromyalgia" thread will explain a lot to you and her.

you found the right forum here. keep coming here as often as you can. typing can be very painful for her. help her to do that.

i know i gave you a lot of information and i dont mean to over whelm you.

reply to the to threads i told you to read, a reply will move it to the top of the page. this helps others find it quickly.

your a good man.(God is watching) she needs you. remember you need a break sometimes too. take a walk. vent to friends or even here.
it important that you release just as much as she does. a hot bath is good for you too.

hang in there you can help her.

Junebug, thank you so much for your advice. I don't think I'm ever going to know or understand what she's going through, a part of me wishes I did just so I could do a better job at making her feel better. And as far as your "personal" advice, you're right. It's been affected, not as much as I thought it would but I think that has to do in part with our age. But I can't thank you enough for your advice Junebug, thank you.

mark,

under general discussions you will find two of my posts.

"what is fibromyalgia" and "starting a daily log book and why it helps" read these. help her with the log book.
go with her to the doctors.

stress=pain

reduce stress by using the Tapping exercise. this helps me to reduce my pain levels.

try meditation too.

you can only help her by understanding what she is going through. you cant stop her pain and that is very hard to over come.
she is lucky to have you. tell her everyday that you love her. helps her to hear that.

do the things that forget said.

try to help her find what triggers her pain.

good things in the body, bad thing out of the body. cleansing the body helped me too.

try to take a trip to higher elevations as i found that works to reduce my pain levels. 4 of my doctors told me that it will help and it sure does.
even a few minutes of reduced pain is like heaven to her.

learn about what makes her feel better and what makes her stress out. remove her from those situations.

fibro fog is a big part of fibromyalgia. help her to remember what she needs to tell the doctors.

read the med guides that come with her meds. important! talk to the pharmacist about the meds.

the log book is very helpful, she will need your help in keeping that book going.

Put aluminum foil over the windows in her room. darker is more calming.

getting the healing sleep is so important. have her on a set schedule of sleep.

Music is calming too.

research what foods and drinks help her and hurt her. do the cooking.

i know how hard it is to research fibromyalgia. its even harder to understand the terms they use.
find out from folks with fibro what helps. not some doctor that does no research on their own.

help her find a doctor that believe in fibro.

have her come to this site and vent. that will help her reduce some pain and get understanding from folks that care.
it will also let her know she is not alone and she is not going crazy.

Fibromyalgia is real. dont let anyone tell you its not or used to group things together when the doctor has no idea what to do.

fibro is many things. the "what is fibromyalgia" thread will explain a lot to you and her.

you found the right forum here. keep coming here as often as you can. typing can be very painful for her. help her to do that.

i know i gave you a lot of information and i dont mean to over whelm you.

reply to the to threads i told you to read, a reply will move it to the top of the page. this helps others find it quickly.

your a good man.(God is watching) she needs you. remember you need a break sometimes too. take a walk. vent to friends or even here.
it important that you release just as much as she does. a hot bath is good for you too.

hang in there you can help her.

cmetryme! Omg there's so much incredible information here! I am in your debt! I'm going to try everything you have suggested, all in moderation of course. I don't like her thinking that this is all I ponder about when I'm with her. But I'm going to go to those threads that you suggested! I'm going to try those little tricks too like the dark room and elevation. I've been trying to help her with the fibro fog and the log book sounds perfect for that, along with the other things you told me to use it for! And I don't know of any threads for me to vent too but I'll take a better look, I'm trying to be strong for her but it's so hard sometimes. But again I can't thank you enough for this, thank you thank you thank you. You have helped in more ways than you know! Thank you thank you thank you

mnovelich

venting is when you start a "new thread" top of page.
then you put a heading on saying domething about what you would like to vent about.
like my girlfirend pissed me off today becaus i told her not to wash the car.
then you start telling us all about it and why you felt the way you did.

its like getting things off your chest without saying it to the person.
we can then rely to the vent of stand and applaud.

we all need to vent we just dont want to do it to family members or in your case your girlfriend.

your a good man. your learning.. these are the things we do to give us a better quailty of life.

try vent to me if you want to. just private msg me. or that other person..whats her name something forget you maybe something like that. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back