Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Oregon
Little background info:

I'm 24, female, and have been experiencing regular pain for well over 2 years now. Digestive complications for about 5 years. Depression and anxiety from childhood trauma for... as long as I can remember.

I've talked about all this will countless doctors and none have even mentioned Fibromyalgia. I had to learn about it by looking my symptoms up online. Once I began speaking about it with friends and family, those who had heard of it began coming out of the woodwork, and agree it could be my problem. For instance, I have a cousin who has been diagnosed and in getting treatment.

Thank you for providing me with a place to talk about Fibromyalgia and get more information from people who have it! Doctors are unconcerned, but I am so tired of feeling this pain and fatigue. I'm going to explore the forums and see what helpful advice is already out there - but I'm happy to hear of any info or advice you would like to share here!

Thanks again!

Hi AGarvin,

Doctors do seem unconcerned once you mention the word Fibromyalgia. But be your own advocate you know your body the best. Continue to look for information that is the best thing to do. Also if you have trauma issues from your past they probably need some treatment too. They can contribute to sleep problems and make the pain of fibro worse. I'm so sorry you went through that. Sending Hugs your way. Keep looking, keep hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back