Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thanks darkchocolate.....do you really think the spray and supplements help.

Cheryl Ann your stories are funny too, spend the $10 wisely!

willow, I don't know if the supplements and spray really helps. I wish I could honestly say. I have been taking supplements for over 2 years. Eating healthy is important to me and I had done so much reading on how the soil is depleted of magnesium. Our bodies require a lot of magnesium, it is needed for over 300 biochemical reactions in our body. If you feel like it, Google the importance of magnesium. I am taking the supplements on faith after doing so much reading about how important magnesium is.

I read the spray is good for quick absorption. People who get leg cramps like it.

I bought the spray as a different form of magnesium. My supplements are the two listed below. I order them through Amazon or iHerb.

Magnesium Glycinate - The most bioavailable form of Magnesium. The extra glycine as an amino acid can help with sleep and provide a calm feeling. This form of magnesium is the least likely to cause loose stools. Taken at Bedtime.

Magnesium Malate - Magnesium malate is important for people who have a lot of fatigue or suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Magnesium supplementation increases ATP, which is a molecule that provides energy to our cells. Malic Acid has also been shown to increase ATP levels. Magnesium Malate should be taken during the day with meals. The extra malic acid will increase stomach acid and assimilation.

I was just about to ask about Epsom salts. Thanks for the thread!

I've been using some dead sea mineral bath salts, enough left for a couple more baths, then I'll give the Epsom salts a try.

You can opt for aromatherapy and essential oils and I can attest to that because I've been using essential oils for over a year now and the results have been greatly positive. I'd recommend Healing Solutions because of their effectiveness.

Too bad we don't have a bath tub in the new house (not enough space), I think it'd have been so nice to be able to take a bath from time to time. I tried it while at my in laws place and I did feel much better :) It definitely helped me relax and with the pain.

We buy huge jugs of MSM powder. We keep a gallon tea jar and fill it with warm water every morning, and drop in a few green and black tea bags (and sometimes oolong), and just let it sit. It makes a mild tea. We add fresh lemon or lime when we pour a glass, and add a quarter tsp or so of MSM to every glass. We can drink an entire gallon or more in a day.

We also use Natural Calm. It's a powder that fizzes like alka seltzer. You add it to warm water and drink after it finishes fizzing. We use the original flavor which is very lemony, which we love, but there are other flavors with sweeteners. It's more easily absorbed, and one drink gives us 4 GRAMS of magnesium. A warm cup of magnesium every night has become a relaxing nighttime ritual.

Epsom salt can also be added to water/juice to help clean the bowels!!! (Please google or ask you doctor for the best amount for you) not for regular use, but occasional back up. It is a wounder mineral!!!

This seems to be an awesome product! It's the first time I hear about it to be honest, but I am looking it up right now!

Hey that's a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing. My mom was always keen on keeping Epsom salts in the house. I've kept it around for gardening, too. But for whatever reason, I never thought about it in relationship to FM. It's a famous home remedy for relieving aches and pains, so why not try it?

I was taking detoxing baths for my Fibromyalgia but I decided hot showers would be best since getting in and out of the tub gets harder each time. I use a body wash with essential oils called Two Old Goats and that helps also. At times, I also drink certain teas to lower the inflammation in my body such as Ginger, Turmeric, and Soursop Graviola teas.

There are quite a few valid alternatives, not only Epsom salts, but also Himalayan salts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back