Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
I have been reading about the variety of ways to take magnesium supplements and it seems that when reading the detail the amount of product advertised as in 250 mg includes the carrier source as in Oxide, Citrate, Orotate and aspartate and chloride...and there are more!

I know Oxide and the more expensive Citrate are the most common but just to make it more confusing apparently they all have different absorption percentages too and the actual amount of Magnesium absorbed is not represented by the size of the tablet advertised on the bottle.

Can anyone recommend a good type from long term experience.

I am taking citrate but wonder if any of you lovely folk have experience of any other with good results on muscle fatugue and pain.

Thanks

I didn't really notice any difference in taking it. I haven't been able to find a reliable source to recommend how much to take. I'm currently taking 300mg at bedtime. The citrate formulation is the most absorbable.

I tried all the oral routes without much effect. The high oral doses of some forms that I was taking without any effect would cause most people to experience diarrhea. Several years ago I read about transdermal Mg oil and tried that. Now I use this everyday and use the flakes in a hot bath every night which helps a lot. I keep a bottle of it nearby during the day and spritz on those areas that are hurting or cramping. The oil relieves the pain to tolerable levels.

Thanks gaiden and Hsmommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back