Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed with fibro 6 months ago. Still a huge learning curve on what all fibro affects and really surprised that symptoms I have had most of my life endometriosis, sensitivity to light and smells, etc were fibro related. What confuses me is why the pain settles in different areas. I am used to my trigger points flaring up and my right hip being the main source of pain. However recently my ankle has started hurting to the point of not being able to put weight on it. Is this normal? Also has anyone figured out connections to certain foods that might aggravate fibro? Still learning and SO annoyed bc I'm 41 and feel like 71 most days.

I also have terrible foot pain a lot of the time. The worst thing you can do is not exercise. I know it seems impossible when you hurt, but staying still only makes the pain worse. I also don't like the fact that doctors seem to only prescribe pain pills or the equivalent as their way to help someone with Fibromyalgia. You need to approach it from a lot of different angles to get any kind of relief.

Try and eat whole foods and not processed ones, it does seem to make a big difference for me as far as symptoms go.

have you tried voltaren cream, works great for me, I am a home health nurse and some mornings I can hardly walk to the bathroom. also watch your night shade foods. especially tomatoes and excess sugars.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with you foot :( That kind of pain is one of the worst ones, fortunately I don't suffer from that very often, but when I do... I can barely walk. I think this pain is quite common among people with fibro, at least that's what my doctor says. I get wrist and legs pain quite often, the kind of pain I feel in my legs feels like a muscular one (when that happens is very hard for me to move). I feel way better since I lost 75 lbs.

I too have foot pain, not burning just pain all over the bottom of my feet, worse upon rising in the morning or after sitting for long periods. It's like every muscle and bone in my feet hurt. I also get shooting and stabbing pains in my feet. Like lighting shooting out my toes. You are def not alone.

I am new to this forum and I'm curious myself about how other people are feeling. I am only 26 as well and the worst parts for me are my ankles, not so much the feet but my ankles feel like I need to bend them or break them to make them feel better its so uncomfortable. I have severe fatigue, insomnia, depression mainly during flare ups, migrains, all over pain, ibs, anxiety, I try to excersise 3 times a week for 30 miniutes and I have to fight through it. I was beginning to think I was the only one this young with this issue.... I wish I knew just how bad things could get for me... Im basically scared. If you you had to quit your job were you able to atleast get disability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back