Not open for further replies.

Destiny2013

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
I am a long time suffer but only recently realized what was wrong.. Years of Doctors and anyone else I could see but the work Fibromyalgia never came up. I find out about it on my own just a few months ago. My current doctor says to watch my diet and explains my fatigue as basically being lazy and I just need to get up. Hands me some aleve and a bill. No insurance. Not worked in 5 years. Could never hold a job. I could not figure out why. I just know I was a loser. How hard is it to go to work everyday. Harder than you think.. I felt so bad during the day I knew I was hard to get along with.. So my life as a hermit has began.. :twisted:

Hi, destiny. I am also a new member of this forum. As someone who knows all too well how easy it is to feel lost and alone, I know where you are coming from. I hope you will find comfort in knowing there are others who have fallen into the misunderstood world of fibromyalgia. It does make you feel ostracized and alone, sometimes. Hope it helps knowing there are others in the same boat who understand.

Destiny2013,
If I had your doctor and he told me just to watch my diet and that I was just lazy, I would not be seeing that doctor again. Even without insurance you can find government run clinics in most every area. You might need to go to the next closest town, but if in need just go. In Florida, and areas in the south they have "Family Health Centers," that work on a sliding scale. This means if your income is small then you pay very little to see a doctor. You can go to any clinic in any town. I often went two towns away to avoid doctors who were rude and cruel. I think there are some in your state.

Anyways, welcome to the forum. Please feel free to read the posts and be sure to read the back posts as well. Feel free to ask questions and give answers to other people. That is how you get to meet and make new friends on the forum. I am glad you found us and hope you come back often. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back