Housework!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

There is a bathtub cleaner on a handle, its scratchy...so i spray with foaming bubbles to disinfect..and then it really cleans the tub well and even the inside of the shower curtain....you need this handy tool... I am thinking the brand is 3m ? And it was available at walmart.

Wow household was a hot topic. Interesting. There's was no exact match between one and the other.

House work is a real struggle for me, but I take many breaks. Some days nothing gets done, but I manage with help from my Family.

So, recently I was told that It must be nice to have an excuse to not do housework, I am so on my own, I really would like to start a support group here, how do I get started?

Yes, as though we would
Not love to get it all done again....people are pretty clueless unless they have been in your shoes.

Welcome , here ,folks do understand...lj

Moe1959, Are you talking about a local support group? Like in your town?

I have figured out that dirt waits for YOU. If it is not a health hazard no hurry.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. I use to keep a clean house. Now all I do is complain when I have to do something, because as you all know, our bodies pay for it. I can't do housework anymore until I have to. When it comes to cooking the same thing, I can't cut up food without extreme pain. I hate it! Having to rely on someone else when I use to love doing these things. When it comes to using my hands forget it, plus the pain in the rest of my body! Fibro has affected my life big time!

The absolute BEST. Product I have found for hardwood floors is the mop system from Norwex! It comes with a dry mop and a wet mop pad. The dry mop picks up EVERYTHING that your broom misses. The wet mop is antibacterial so you only need water. My whole main floor can get waves in about 10 min!
Norwex has other cleaning products to make your life easier and chemical free too. They are an online company and mostly sold through home parties.
I don't sell it but have used them for several years.
Now as far as physically getting the floors done? ...... Hubby does them!😄

I hover and mop everyday. I also have to walk the dog. I find if I have ironing to do I put my I pad on and watch something as I'm doing it. And cooking to it helps take your mind off the the pain and the time.
For me I find doing everything I can everyday means on the days I say stuff it it's not to bad. I figure if I'm going to hurt like a b... I might as well have a clean house and hurt. And believe me I hurt. But that my way of coping .i suffer deep depression and with my kids I can't be weeping snappy all the time.the worsed part of this for me is being so bloody lonely. Can't go no where see no one. By the end of the day all I want is a hot bath and bed .
What I wouldn't give for a night out with fellow sufferers, or a afternoon .

Since I now have home health aides coming in to help with my mom, I get a bit of relief on the housekeeping as they help run the sweeper and do dishes. But I still try to dust mop the bare floors and scrub the bathroom and do the laundry. Without their help my hands get so numb and painful that I can not even dust or wash dishes.

If your older it might be possible to get someone to come in and help once a month or more. :)

I have been blessed with a fiancee that helps me a lot. But when I do have stuff to do I find if I take breaks often I am able to get more done. Also you mentioned hardwood floors, the shark steamer is very easy to use and very low stress on the body!

Use paper plates and plastic knives and spoons, hire a maid every other friday and also a weekly lawn mowing service. Go to bed at nine every night and quit drinking. Where your clothes more than once and cut down on the laundry. Take a one hour walk every day. Your life will change.
Are you just studying FMS because you don't seem to understand fully what FMS is! Boy, my life would change al:roll:right if I walked for an hour each day - after walking 5 minutes I am ready to lie down and die! I never did drink alcohol -my husband does the laundry and I have help with heavy housework. How I would love to have normal health again . Try coping with FMS yourself and see if your life changes.

It is so hard to get housework done because of the pain. I've been sick lately, really sick, was admitted to the hospital, and still sick, noone knows why, either, and homework is even harder now with every 15 minutes I'm vomiting. Usually takes 5-6 hours to clean, now is all day and into 2 days. Being sick is aggravating my Fibromyalgia terribly. Having a young son with Autism doesn't help either, having to go back and clean again what I just cleaned because he made a mess. Such is life of a parent and one with Fibromyalgia, I guess.

Oh dear treeca, I do hope you find some relief soon, when my fibro is bad I get really sick too. I'm not sure if it's a proper link, but it know as soon as I push myself and start feeling bad, the vomiting comes too. Do you think it could be a link or is it another illness on top of fibro too? Do anti-sickness meds work? It took quite a few but I finally found one that helps as long as I take it continuously when I'm having a bad bout. I hope you get some relief soon.
As for housework! I give up! Can someone invent a magic wand already please?! X

Save your money Roman don't work on heavily used surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back