Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
ok to start this out I am a 22 year old male and about 3 or 4 years ago I started experience cramping type pain in my legs has always been both legs never just one I went to the doctor and at that time he had thought I had hurt my back and I had some nerve test done on my back and everything came back clear so he gave me some muscle relaxers and some anti-inflammatories and sent me on my way well I was ok for about 3 months after and then the pain came back again then it was in my arms and my legs it's a deep ache and when you push on the muscle it feels like I have really strained myself like I have ran miles or something like thatI also have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome and anxietyWell Finally I couldn't take the pain and fatigue any longer and I went back to the doctor and he is worried that I have Lou Gehrig's disease well I did have an uncle passed away from Lou Gehrig's but I remember him never experiencing pain really just muscle weaknessand I don't feel like I have muscle weakness there is times that my muscles feel like I can't do something because of how sore they are but I always have the strength to keep on going or do push ups exceteraI brought fibromyalgia up to my doctor and he said that he don't think I would experience pain like I do if it was just fibromyalgia and he wants me to get a mri of my brain to see about Lou Gehrig's or multiple sclerosis. the problem I have is my deductible on my insurance is $4000 and I'm wondering if I should get a second opinion or if you guys think this sounds like fibromyalgia before I go and spend $4000 on an MRI and other tests. my symptoms are leg and arm cramping and deep muscle pain that hurts when you push hard on it, fatigue I sleep about 10 to 12 hours a day and still feel tired,anxiety,and whenever I have a flare up my arms and legs will sometimes twitch uncontrollably, and when I wake up in the morning I am extremely sore and stiff feeling for about an hour after waking up. the only thing that seems to do anything to help it is flexeril 10 milligram..does this sound like fibromyalgia?thanks for reading and sorry for the long write up.

Welcome to the site, well love yes u can hurt I wake up stiff and sore with deep aches in the arms and legs feet neck fingers.
But I no how scary the idea of LGD sounds but I really think if your Dr wants these tests done u should do them. If u spend a lot of money and find out your ok be bloody greatful.
Your never relax or get the right treatment until u find out what's going on.be brave get the tests.xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back