Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
TN
Hey guys I'm Sophie, 24, I've had fibro for 2 years, only been diagnosed for about a month. What this means is that I've had a LOT of pain and almost no treatments because no one knew what was wrong with me. My pain seems to cling to one or two areas of the body, so I would get diagnosed with various muscle conditions and stuff. Anyways, so I have tried basically nothing. I know the usual treatments are Lyrica and Cymblata, but I can't take those for various reasons.
Anyways, I developed a sinus infection recently and picked up some mucinex. after taking it for a few days, my fibromyalgia symptoms were strangely gone. That's a big deal, because they haven't been gone for years. After a little research, I figured the pain relief COULD be from the guaifensein, but unlikely. the other ingredient was dextromethorphan. After a little research I realized this can be used to fibro treatment. but also in my research, i found that it can be totally dangerous. does anyone use this as treatment? It really, REALLY worked well for me but I would never take it unless I had supervision and approval from a doctor. Thoughts? I currently take nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back