DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
PA
Hello.
My name is Skye. I supposedly developed PTSD & Fibromyalgia around the same time. My PTSD was misdiagnosed for years. My fibromyalgia was supposedly all in my head. Life became chaotic. I had no one to tell me what to do or where to get help for my different issues. I was diagnosed in 2009 right after my 18th birthday. I barely made it through the school day most of the time. I showed signs of exercise intolerance, which could have been caused by the two different tachycardias my heart would go into. I had scary symptoms...was even tested for MS back in the beginning. All of my medical and educational difficulties started when I was thrown into adulthood. No one could help me.
Fibromyalgia has controlled my life since. I had to take college medical withdrawals...so I owe a lot on student loans. I did well at my community college and received my associate's degree. Ever since I tried going to a four-year college, my health has held me back. On top of all of that, I somehow developed learning disabilities as an adult. It is expensive and hard to find a place to get tested. It is near impossible to find help too. I had a heart ablation about 2 years ago. And I had a muscle biopsy for genetic testing done this past spring. I had genetic testing done before the biopsy to see if I had some kind of mitochondrial illness.
My brother passed away in 2013. I haven't been the same since. I just feel stuck...for the first time I can't adapt my plans as I go. I don't know what I want to do with my life. How to make an income. I don't know how to pay off my student loans. I'd like to get help for my learning difficulties and return to school. But right now, I don't know what to do. My anxiety sky-rocketed after he passed away. It's still bad, but not like it was. My body is incredibly sensitive to stress
I am trying to work on my health nutritionally and do a little more physically every day.
I am working on changing how I view things and work on being more positive.

Sending gentle hugs to anybody that needs one today.
Skye

I would like to welcome you to the community. I hop you can find helpful encouragement

XOXO Trying2GetHealthy.

Hang in there! Life altering is not easy, sometime we need to take a pause in life in order to the find the new path.

Try stop worrying about future conflicts at the moments, and think closer to what you actually need to survive for now. Debts can wait , school can wait. Ideas of income may not be there at the moment , but you need to catch your breath first before it can happen. You don't need to do million things at once. The most important things is you comfort right now.

It might sound unreasonable to you at the moment , but future chances aren't set in stone. Don't stress the fruitless thoughts , and put your energy on relaxing your self as much as you can cause at this moment you need you the most. Nothing is matter at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back