Not open for further replies.

LellyO

Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
PA
I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My doctor has me on Gabapentin and I have been on it for about three days. I am new to this forum and would like any advice anyone can give me. I am 30 years old, married, and have a two year old daughter. I am always tired and always in pain. I am looking into yoga classes but don't know exactly what I am looking for so I am going to be making phone calls on Monday.
Lelly

Welcome to the forum, Lelly! You'll find lots of advice reading through the various threads on the forum, and you'll see that you're not alone. Having a 2 year old is reason enough for exhaustion, but adding fibro on top of that is a heavy load. I, too, am on Gabapentin. It's my salvation as far as making fibro somewhat bearable. I'm fortunate not to have had any side effects on it other than a bit of water retention.

If you have any specific questions, post them and we all will do our best to help.

Lellyo,
Welcome to the forum. Looks like we are both from the same state. If you read around the forum, the old and new posts, you will be sure to find a lot of new coping skills. There are lots of tips for dealing with the symptoms of fibro and ways to lesson the pain and fatigue. One thing that helped me more than anything else was getting a thick bed pad (not a regular mattress cover), but a pad that is 3-4 inches thick. You can research fiber bed to find out more about them, but they can be made of foam or cotton fiber, or even stuffed with feathers. The best part is they come in all sizes to fit any bed. One reason we with fibro do not sleep well is because our muscles do not relax normally. So when we go to bed we hurt and are uncomfortable most of the night thus our bodies do not get the required patterns of sleep.

But this fiber bed makes the body feel like it is sleeping on a cloud. It comforts and cradles our muscles so they can relax in softness. That is only one of many ideas on the forum, but this one worked for me.

Look forward to seeing more posts from you around the forum. I am glad you found us. :)

Hi Lelly! Welcome to the forums! As the other posters have mentioned already, this forum is filled with a lot useful info and tips on how to deal with the most common fibro symptoms and toughest pains. Just pay attention to the titles of each post, and you should find what you're looking for :) If you can't... well you can always create your own threads :)

Thank you everyone. I have found this forum very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back