Not open for further replies.

kimosabe

Diagnosis
08/2006
Country
US
State
FL
my day starts by waking and feeling as though I've been run over by a mack truck. Very
stiff, but some days better than others. I try to do the best I can as I volunteer at a cat shelter, but lately haven't been able to bend, scoop litters, bend to clean food and water bowls...just a bad flare up for the last week. I hope I can get support, learn new things and make friends on this forum.

Thanks,
Kim

Welcome to the forum, Kim. I'm a fellow animal lover. On days you can't bend to scoop litter or clean bowls, you can still help out by socializing the cats by letting them come sit on your lap and get petted. My cat is a total lap potato. His warmth and purring are so comforting to me on my bad flare days. Animals are so wonderful, aren't they?

Hi Kim!

Welcome! This forum is a great way to socialize and learn more about fibromyalgia. I love the suggestion that Corvid gave! If you are having a flare up, you could still go volunteer at the cat shelter (if that helps you feel better). Most cats are calm and would love to just sit in your lap. I hope you are able to make new friends here and find some techniques that will help you deal with the aches and pains associated with fibromyalgia.

Good Luck!
Missy Bea

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the forum. Hope that you find what you're looking for. Feel free to ask a ton of questions and share about your own experience. I know when I first joined a few months ago, I wasn't sure how to interact at first. Then I just started sharing my experiences and it's been going well.

Glad to hear that you're out and volunteering. Plus that you have some better days than others. :)

Hi Kim, welcome to the forums and I hope that you enjoy the experience.

Welcome to the forums, Kim. So sorry to hear you are having a really bad flare-up, I hope you feel better soon :) Welcome on board! I really hope to see you around here often! I also hope you enjoy the forums, and find all the info, advice and support you might need. This forum is awesome! It's filled with a lot wonderful people who are more than willing to help other fellow members :)

Best of luck, Kim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back