DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
TR
State
-
hello dear everyone.

i am from istanbul, turkey. i have been lurking around foor some time :)
i have been diagnosed with fibro in nov.12 after years of struggle with pain. i had an accident in 2007. a motorcycle hit me. my neck and lower back was injured. since 3 years i am struggling with back and neck and shoulder pains. in november it was unbearable. my right hand got numb and i went to my neurologist. after mri we learnt that i have several neck hernia. and she mentioned fibrosis and sent me to PT. i started PT the doctor is a very clever woman she first diagnosed and told me about fibro then i went tonother neurologist because some of the symptoms were quite like MS. and he did the final diagnosed as fibro. and prescribed 30mg cymbalta. first 10 days were terrible. after a month we increased the doseage to 60 mg. it does some good to my lower back pains but not much to my shoulders and neck. i am constantly tired. i am not working at the moment. i constantly want to sleep. feeling foggy and exhausted with no motivation.i believe some r the side effects of cymbalta and some the symptoms of fibro. i told the neurologist my situation and this time he prescribed modafinil/provigil with it to give me energy. he prescribed 200 mg but i am using 100 mg mostly. that is my story for now. glad to be here reading and sharing experiences. i have been considering getting off cymbalta. i would like to hear your stories too. all the best.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds as if the accidents you had caused you a lot of trouble with your neck and back, and then fibro moved in to increase the hurt and cause constant pain. I do not know much about the meds you take as I am allergic to most of the meds offered in treatment of fibro, but if you read around the forum many other members talk in great detail about using Cymbalta and their likes and dislikes with other meds.

I was working in Florida, and had my own housecleaning service when I started being totally fatigued for no reason. I would go to work and suddenly my energy would drain away and I was wore out for the rest of the day. I had to give up good housekeeping jobs one by one, until I was doing floors for only one person. That too finally ended from lack of strength. I made my rounds to doctors trying to find answers so I could get better and go back to work. But they told me I was only depressed or had a fight with my husband and refused to believe I was happy in my marriage and we had no fight. Then it was all in my head or it was just crazy or I was just lazy. Mostly I was very mad for the way I was treated.

I was finally diagnosised but learned there was no cure and without a cure my wonderful business came to a halt. Unable to work was a very hard thing to deal with and I still do not understand this disease or what causes it. and I wonder why so many people all over the world have come down with it.

Anyways, that is my story. please join in on the many topics on the forum and ask questions or just help others with answers. Glad you found us and I look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back