Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
manitoba
For a few years I have been having bladder pain, just recently has it not gone away. it was been quite painful for a few weeks. I have been to the doctor for this in the past, and they did urine tests but i never had an infection. I will be going to the doctors this week to get it checked out. I guess because the tests were always negative, i felt discouraged to go again. I heard that some people with fibro have urinary bladder pain, i was wondering what the doctor did about this for you? I also have been having trouble empting my bladder, i have been having to push on my stomach to make the pee come out (sorry tmi!) has anyone experienced this before? I also feel like i have to pee often but when i go, not much comes out. I know it sounds like a bladder infection or an urinary tract infection but i am very doubtful that it is. I will be seeing the doctor though so we will see!

thanks ! Im just curious if anyone with fibromyalgia was experienced this before?

I get bladder pain, I've been to the ER three times thinking I had a UTI but had no infection.

I get bladder pain, I've been to the ER three times thinking I had a UTI but had no infection.

oh no, im so sorry yours is so bad, i know how painful mine is, so i cant imagine how bad that would be :( What did the doctors say? Do they have an idea of what it is?
I hope they are able to ease the pain for you!

Thanks for the reply btw!

Hi sabrina 52 i get terrible bladder and pelvic pain too and girls bits all burning and throbbing...its called intertsial cystitis and vulvodynia.

When it first started my doctor also thought it was a UTI but all my tests were negative.

It can make you wee a lot more ...at worst mine is about 20 times a day.

The pressing your stomach bit i am not so sure about. I think maybe that needs investigating.

There is a drug to help the sooth the bladder lining although i dont take it because the side affects are hair loss and other things..nausea dizziness.

Try drinking a cup of water with a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate two or three times a day and see if this improves thiings.

Its natural and should do no harm. Its about neutralizing the acidilty in your bladder they believe aggravates it causing pain and frequency.

Also something called a low oxylate diet. If you google IC you will find all about it. Take Care x

I think it's interstitial cystitis myself, and dcotors could never help relief the pain. I find a hot water bottle really helps though.

Thanks for the correct spelling kasmaflower... and the vulvodynia is a seperate condition.

Hi sabrina 52 i get terrible bladder and pelvic pain too and girls bits all burning and throbbing...its called intertsial cystitis and vulvodynia.

When it first started my doctor also thought it was a UTI but all my tests were negative.

It can make you wee a lot more ...at worst mine is about 20 times a day.

The pressing your stomach bit i am not so sure about. I think maybe that needs investigating.

There is a drug to help the sooth the bladder lining although i dont take it because the side affects are hair loss and other things..nausea dizziness.

Try drinking a cup of water with a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate two or three times a day and see if this improves thiings.

Its natural and should do no harm. Its about neutralizing the acidilty in your bladder they believe aggravates it causing pain and frequency.

Also something called a low oxylate diet. If you google IC you will find all about it. Take Care x

thanks for taking the time to reply! I will definitely look into!

I do experience this problem from time to time though less frequently nowadays. The pain can be caused by pressure in the bladder or a condition called Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS). This condition is common in patients suffering from FM. Researchers have developed a tool called the FM bladder index which allows doctors and patients to assess bladder symptoms not related to urinary tract infections. In addition to applying the other interventions against FM, one should eliminate diuretic foods and carbonated beverages from the diet that contain caffeine and alcohol. One should also avoid smoking and eating spicy foods.

Yup! ER an doctor several times. I've been taking malic acid and upend my does of magnesium seams to have helped. Cranberry juice used to help but stopped.
Sorry your having such trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back